Page 473 of 647 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523573 ... LastLast
Results 9,441 to 9,460 of 12939

Thread: What are you playing today?

Iv been playing some more Demons souls so far Iv beaten the dragon Archdemon the old monk and just today I beat the Storm king all i need to do now is kill the king and the defilment one, I almost got to the king the last time but a black phantom ostrava kicked my butt and I havent even really been into the defilment area I did once but didnt get very far. Iv managed to do most of the game myself this time apart from some of the bosses which I looked up on youtube, Iv yet tobe invaded yet and I haven't even seen a summon sign.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

Demon's souls PvP isn't as lively as it used to be - especially now that they've announced that the game is going offline on May 31.

Still an absolutely amazing game though - one of the best. Dark as well, which I happen to be playing for the fourth time around at the moment.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    I just advanced to Disc 2 in Grandia 3. Very close to where I gave up on the game when I originally played it oh so many years ago. Still just as mediocre and unimpressive as I remember it being. Everyone's close to level 25. Dahna's having some trouble learning Special Moves, but shes an incredibly strong magic user and my favorite character to use in battle. Hopefully there will be a difficulty spike sometime soon as battles are starting to get really repetitive.

Also, I'm still spending some time fighting online in Naruto Generations for the Xbox. This game has held my interest for longer than I expected. Probably helps that fairly good at it too. People have been infuriated with my defensive style of play, and I've acquired quite a bit of hate mail because of it. I'm not at all familiar with the Naruto series, but if anyone is curious my favorite characters to pick (based purely off their fighting capabilities) are Ino, Young Kakashi, Cloak Kabuto, Danzo, and Young Kankuro.
    Last edited by ChickenGod; 04-17-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    I don't remember any other BioWare game I've played, so KOTOR might just be my first. I decided to hit up Manaan and found a world that seems to just be the city above the waves, but now I get to go down into the malfunctioning sea station and see what's wrong with it.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    Stupid Lashowe. I gather that I'm able to get some prestige by persuading her to accept some help with her own Sith initiation idea, but my charisma must not be high enough. Oh well, I killed a couple of the other academy prospects while running around. KOTOR is full of memorable moments like this.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

I tihk I've completed around 30 quests in legend of Mana. I haven't played much else this week, because I haven't been able to decide what to play. New week I will be playing Risen 2. Looking forward to that.

I gather that I'm able to get some prestige by persuading her to accept some help with her own Sith initiation idea, but my charisma must not be high enough. Oh well, I killed a couple of the other academy prospects while running around
    It's been a while for me, but yeah, you generally gain a lot more prestige for screwing with people than you do for outright killing them. For example, you can convince one student to complete an entire quest for you, even assassinate someone and then kill him yourself and take the artifact he finds. When you tell the instructor about it, he laughs his butt off. It's also possible to complete all of the quests and still not have enough prestige...I think. I remember this one playthrough where I was forced to just kill everyone in the entire settlement and then break into the final tomb on my own.

Damn you EA for passing on KotoR 3!

I still need to get round to playing Kotor 2. I played the original on the PC and the xbox version of the second game seems slightly more glitchy and clunky compared to on the PC..maybe I should try and track down the 2nd game on the PC.

I started up a new save on Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth today. I tried to play it a year or two ago and was confused by the gameplay and menus, so I read up on some stuff this time and I've been really impressed and having fun with it(apart from when I get stuck in dungeons...damn the lack of tutorials/bad explanation.)

More Xenoblade and more shmups. I'm currently fiddling with Deathsmiles (1 & 2) and Raiden III.
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDest...7?feature=mhee

Played through the Diablo III beta.

Been kinda busy lately but I'm still plugging away at Devil Survivor 2 and Xenoblade. In DS2 I'm getting ready to throw in the towel on the optional fight against Yamato on Saturday afternoon. I'll probably give it a couple more tries tomorrow morning before moving on. I would really like to crack a couple of the skills available there but dude is pretty brutal.

In Xenoblade I've gotten through the ether mines and got as far as the start of the marsh whose name I forget. I'm planning to spend most of my time on this game tomorrow after finally replacing my defective classic controller earlier this week and discovering how much more fun it is when I don't have to constantly jiggle the cord to get buttons to work.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass

Played through the Diablo III beta. I feel like a broken record when it comes to this but... would it kill developers to make their games challenging? I shouldn't be able to play a game for 3-4 hours without dying once.

Prod with the Prod The Doomhammer's Avatar
    I'm playing Dragon Age II again for some reason I can't adequately explain. To remind myself why I don't like it, maybe? It's still as tedious as when it came out.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Been noodling around with a few games, though I really just sit and need to beat these so I can stop feeling guilty about my backlog.

Yakuza: Dead Souls - Hit Goda chapter 3. Tempted to just bust through his chapter this weekend so I can get to Kazuma's bit and then rush to the finale. Definitely has a nice challenge at times, though it's also a bit too generic for a Yakuza game. We'll see once I sit down and actually review the damn thing.

Tales of the Abyss 3D
    - Moving towards the finale as I am heading back to Mt. Zelho for the last time. Still loving this game, but remembering how much the amount of backtracking drove me bonkers the first time I played it. Still don't like it even now. Also got Jade in a swimsuit. <3

Dragon Age: Origins - I regret starting this up again because now I'm completely addicted to it. Didn't help that a girlfriend of mine was afraid of starting this game up and wanted a buddy to help her get use to the controls and whatnot. I'm playing a City Elf this time, and while I'm not an elf person normally, I have to admit, I love how they handled that origin plot. Currently in the Deep Roads after 8 hours!

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Haven't been playing any Majora's Mask recently. In Skyward Sword, I obtained the first of the sacred flames. The side mission to obtain sacred water for Faron seemed like padding, but at least it was over with quickly. I didn't fight the Ancient Cistern's boss myself, as my sister suggested her boyfriend play through part of the dungeon, including the boss.

As for Oracle of Seasons, I recently cleared Jabu-Jabu's Belly. That place was quite annoying to get through, even with help from a FAQ. :P
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Played the Diablo III beat again. This time as a Witch Doctor in 4 player co-op.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Soul Hackers - put it on hold right after finishing the Horror House level, and right before the end of disc 1. I'll pick it up again soon.

Metal Max 3 - well, I WANT to upgrade the chassis on a few of my vehicles, but the mechanics all got taken by a tentacled cocoon monster living in the sewer system, so I guess I'll have to find a way of killing that first.

would it kill developers to make their games challenging? I shouldn't be able to play a game for 3-4 hours without dying once.
    Well, given how lazy many gamers have become and how they have to feel like they're good at the game right off the bat to like it...and if too many people don't like a game, it doesn't sell...and devs can't develop games without money...

...yeah, it could kill them.
    Last edited by TG Barighm; 04-21-2012 at 11:38 AM.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris View Post
    would it kill developers to make their games challenging?
    Demon Souls and Dark Souls. THAT IS ALL YOU'LL EVER NEED.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    Well, given how lazy many gamers have become and how they have to feel like they're good at the game right off the bat to like it...and if too many people don't like a game, it doesn't sell...and devs can't develop games without money...

...yeah, it could kill them.
    Difficulty options: bam.