Thread: Currents #117 - Pre-E3 2010: What We Think

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    With E3 two weeks away, now is the perfect time for the staff at RPGamer to weigh in on what we want, wish, and predict to happen at this year's show.

-Link

Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff noodle's Avatar
    pfft, you didn't put up what i said. rude!

Quote Originally Posted by Quote:(noodle @ May 31 2010, 1:44 PM)
    pfft, you didn't put up what i said. rude!
    You weren't in my google doc! Ok, tell me what you said.

I'm hoping Blizzard drops a bomb and announces a D3 release date for some time before the end of next year...but that's highly wishful thinking.

Other than that, I'd like to hear about new games as most else in development is unworthy of attention. I'm in the mood to see a new SaGa game head our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Quote:(watcher @ Jun. 01 2010, 12:34 AM)
    I'm hoping Blizzard drops a bomb and announces a D3 release date for some time before the end of next year...but that's highly wishful thinking.

Other than that, I'd like to hear about new games as most else in development is unworthy of attention. I'm in the mood to see a new SaGa game head our way.
    Hey, yeah good idea. Everyone add your own E3 wants, wishes, and predictions. I'll pick a few to read on the upcoming RPGCast when we do our Pre-E3 show.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I want to hear more information on THQ's upcoming Action RPG set in the Warhammer 40k universe and the upcoming warhammer 40k MMO. I'd like to see a PSP2 announcement, the 3DS shown off, actual uses for the move and natal that are wii waggle gimmicks. I'd love some crazy RPG announcement to steal the show, but that's not likely. I'd like Diablo 3 information, but Blizzard will probably save that for Blizzcon.

-Kel

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Reading over everyone's list, it seems like alot of people are excited about the new systems/hardware. To be honest, none of these things interest me in the slightest right now. I'm very satisfied with my current consoles, especially the DS with the amount of games I've already played, and also impressed with the size of my wishlist for upcoming PSP titles.

As for things I read, Nyx's wish for a Valkyrie Profile 3 was the only thing that stood out to me. Even then, I'm not really sure about that, because the past few Tri-Ace games I've played, including VP2, have really been a let down for me. Still, I loved the original game so much that I would be really excited to see future installment.

As for personal wishes, sadly the most realistic thing I can think of is the announcement of Tales of Graces getting a localization. As for unrealistic desires, the announcement of just about any of the games found in this would be a great surprise. [img]non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

Mostly I'm just hoping that Deus Ex 3 doesn't look like crap, and actually looks like Deus Ex 3.

I liked VP2 quite a bit myself. But yeah, at this point, I only like 1 of tri-Ace's dev teams. I can't play the games by the team that is responsible for Radiata Stories, which has literally put me to sleep more times than all other games combined. Anyway, I haven't heard any solid word of VP3, and I watch tri-Ace pretty closely, so I'm highly doubtful of that. If Squeenix really wants to steal the show, they'll announce a new Chrono game. But that's somewhere in the realm of gaming miracles. [img]non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I too hope Tales of Graces will be annouced for localizationg, along with Ninokuni: The Another World and Luminous Arc 3 (what's taking so long on that game?). I'm also hoping that a more info on Xenoblade, especially better confirmation of it coming to North America will be there.
    "Life will be a very great deal less weird without you!"

"Do you know I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me?

Member Member
    I was just looking at Atlus' site the other day, and realized only 2 games are in the "coming soon" slot (even though I hardly count "101 Sports"). Atlus is going to be there, so I want to see more localizations from them! Which, most likely will happen...

A new Kirby? YES! I hear Kirby Airide was sort of ... Sooo maybe this time it'll actually be an actual platformer.

New Zelda? I'm so curious! I love the design of older Link! Glad not ALL the new Zelda games are chibi cell shaded...

Fatal Frame 4... I've heard ALOT of strange and contradicting feedback from it, hearing even Reggie saying they aren't the publishers, yet other sources say "Nintendo has it and aren't making it." Maybe this will be a nice suprise for the show, that SOMEONE has it!

Oh, and .hack//Link would be nice too! NamcoBandai need to start publishing GOOD stuff! Including Tales >_>

What I do not want to see:
    New console announcements or PSP2, wait another year.

What I want to see:
    inFAMOUS 2 or Sly 4. Loved the first game and was also a big fan of the Sly Cooper games.
    Mass effect 3 or Dragon Age 2. Even a trailer would do.
    LittleBigPlanet. Beta date announced
    Playable Last Guardian on the showfloor.
    Gran Turismo 5. Give us the "real" release date.
    FF VS XIII and Agito gameplay videos. it's about time they showed us something.
    And finally, I'd like to see Elder Scrolls V.

These are the ten games that I could think of at the moment.

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Games I'm most interested in hearing about would be Tales of Graces, FF VS and Agito and Golden Sun DS.

If there's another tri-ace game for the 360 that'd be great but thinking unlikely. European dates for Persona 3 PSP or Valkyria Chronicles 2 would be greatly appreciated but if not I'll just end up importing them methinks.
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

With regards to Dragon Quest IX: I thought Nintendo were going to be pushing it to the masses, like they did with Monster Hunter Tri. But it's been a bit quiet so far, maybe E3 is where they are planning to star a DQ drive.
    And it would be amazing if they can improvement it be added Wi-Fi, but I guess I'd even be happy if they only manage adding a second save file!