Thread: NIS America Press Event Proves Revealing

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

NIS America Press Event Proves Revealing

The titles may be questionable, but NIS fans should be happy with the announcement of four games that will be making the trek to North America. Whether you like to delve into the brains of bunny-women, be a superhero with drills for hands, or play a game with the tagline, "THIS IS AN RPG," there's something here for everyone.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar
    Finally, there will be a new Disgaea title for the PS3, which will release in Japan this year. There will be more information about this game at the Tokyo Game Show, but NISA promises that the title is evolving into something surprising.
    Ok, what's it going to turn into? Kart Racing?

I'm sad that "This is an RPG" will be Digital-only, but I'll get it anyway. I'm also fond of how they renamed Zettai Hero.

I don't expect these titles they announced to be the only games they'll release this year. I think we'll eventually get Prinny and Tortori, and we know they're "trying" to get Neptune.

Well its awesome to finally get confirmation on Ar Tonelico... but WTF is with the title? Really, what does it mean?!!!!!!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Well, a "knell" is the sound of a heavy bell ringing, usually a word associated with funerals or doom, as in "death-knell."

I also love what they've done with Zettai Hero's title. And Classic Dungeon as well. Appropriately campy on both counts.

But where's Lina???

Member Member
    Not to mention, they just announced a CE for Rorona (game + artbook) and the premium box (another oversized one) actually HAS Rorona on it! THAT makes me happy! Sounds like this may not be an NIS Store exclusive either...

Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    Well its awesome to finally get confirmation on Ar Tonelico... but WTF is with the title? Really, what does it mean?!!!!!!
    The last word is in the Ar tonelico Hymnos language, the language the Reyvateils sing. It means "Ending" or "Ending of the world." So the title very roughly translates to "The song that signifies the end of the world" - Ar Ciel being their world. It's surprisingly accurate.

Despite the fact that I'm a bit wary about them using hymnos in the title, using it allows for a nicely translated version of the Japanese title. Also, Knell of Ar Ciel sounds nice, doesn't it?

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    Taken from my post in the other topic, Ar Tonelico 3's Japanese title is supposedly "Ar tonelico III: The Girl's Song that Pulls the Trigger of World's Demise".

In Hymmnos language, Qoga is supposed to mean end, and Ar Ciel means something like "The World". So I take it the title of this game would loosely resemble something like "Ar Tonelico: Death Knell of the World"

Edit: Looks like stepping away for a few minutes I was beaten to the punch. Oh well
    Last edited by ChickenGod; 07-16-2010 at 05:33 PM.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

No news of La Pucelle: Ragnarok makes Sir Erdrick sad.

You and me both, actually.

I don't think these are all the titles that they're releasing this year, just some of them. For example, Neptune has pretty much been confirmed, yet that is no where to be seen.

Finally I can complete the Ar Tonelico trilogy. I'll take the blodie path! It feels a little weird that the characters this time are younger than the other 2 games.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Well, you know Japanese people.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Finally I can complete the Ar Tonelico trilogy. I'll take the blodie path! It feels a little weird that the characters this time are younger than the other 2 games.
    Though with Saki being 15, and Finnel being 17, their ages are pretty much in the par for the series (not to mention the fact of them both being Betas, which is the cause of them being so young-looking).

No news on La Pucelle Tactics: Ragnarok or the mysterious Makai Wars.....oh well at least there is a hint for a new Disgaea for the PS3 (I hope a real Disgaea this time arround ;P)

Makai Wars is what I am really looking forward to apart from my obvious lust over Ar Tonelico 3. I thought the first had the best story of all of the Disgaea mythology games.

www.powerlinemag.com