Thread: Z.H.P Is the RPG You Can Play 40 Million Times

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Z.H.P Is the RPG You Can Play 40 Million Times

NIS America wants RPGamers to transform themselves from the weakest main character ever to the ultimate super hero. The way of the hero is a long and difficult task, but death can only make you stronger.

Story.

Since when did random dungeons and "grindfests" become a good thing?

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    It's NIS, dood.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Nekobasu's Avatar
    I have to admire their enthusiasm.

If there's a strong central story where the grinding is less necessary, I'll be excited. If it's all grinding, all the time, I may have to respectfully bow out. Drills and prinny hats though...

I'm starting to think it's better that I don't own a handheld. With all the RPG's they get, I'd probably never do anything else!

I'm thinking I will avoid this title... I won't play it even once, let alone 40 million times.

I don't mind and actually enjoy grindfests, as long as the combat mechanics are fun. Phantom Brave was a perfect example of that to me, I must've sunk over 200 hours into that game.

There seems to be a lot of spoofy type games popping up all of a sudden...

Quote Originally Posted by freykin View Post
    I don't mind and actually enjoy grindfests, as long as the combat mechanics are fun. Phantom Brave was a perfect example of that to me, I must've sunk over 200 hours into that game.
    That was me and La Pucelle. Never finished the game, played an obnoxious number of hour.

Yeah, not interested. Cute trailer, though.

I am kind of getting al ittle flustered with this whole "retro" new thing people are doing. The goofy stories, the retro look... I am wondring it if it just a way to get another product on the shelf.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

If anyone knows how to make grinding fun, it's NIS. Have to keep an eye on this after loving the Disgaea series and Phantom Brave. I'm a little unclear on how the combat system works, though, because apparently it's not exactly a turn-based system. Should be interesting to see how they make that work.

What a wacky clip. I would try it.

I'm a huge fan of NIS but their more recent stuff has been disappointing. I don't like the character design on this. That new Disgaea PSP game doesn't interest me at all. The Prinny action game doesn't interest me at all. That generic-looking 3D RPG didn't interest me at all. I felt that Disgaea 3's storyline wasn't internally consistent and ended in an abrupt and unsatisfying manner.

Maybe Disgaea 4 will blow me away. I really hope it will, anyway.

Member Member
    At least they are being honest about the game being a grindfest!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
    I'm a huge fan of NIS but their more recent stuff has been disappointing. I don't like the character design on this. That new Disgaea PSP game doesn't interest me at all. The Prinny action game doesn't interest me at all. That generic-looking 3D RPG didn't interest me at all. I felt that Disgaea 3's storyline wasn't internally consistent and ended in an abrupt and unsatisfying manner.

Maybe Disgaea 4 will blow me away. I really hope it will, anyway.
    For me, NIS died for me after Makai Kingdom was released.... that game got on my nerves and I haven't played any of their titles since that.