Thread: Ys Seven Website Launched, Release Date Announced

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar

Ys Seven Website Launched, Release Date Announced

Are you ready for the return of the Ys series to the U.S.? Well, XSEED now has an official date for its release for you.

Ys Seven Website Launched, Release Date Announced

Good lord, I can't stop listening to the theme song on the website. It's mesmerizing.

This has pretty much pushed me over the edge in terms of getting a PSP; I'll be buying a copy of this as soon as I can.

It's strange though. Amazon has my order arrival estimate as September 2, 2010, a full 2 weeks and 2 days after release day (w/ 2-day shipping). It should be noted I ordered the collector edition.

I think they have a nice trailer video that shows some of the bosses (always a highlight of Ys). I don't really care about anime cutscenes.

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    It's strange though. Amazon has my order arrival estimate as September 2, 2010, a full 2 weeks and 2 days after release day (w/ 2-day shipping). It should be noted I ordered the collector edition.

I think they have a nice trailer video that shows some of the bosses (always a highlight of Ys). I don't really care about anime cutscenes.
    Give amazon a call! I've found their customer service answers that kind of stuff pretty well.

I haven't checked the site, but my guess is that I am getting the same shipping estimate as well, probably. That is more than a little distressing to me. I am hoping that the shipped date is based on their previous release date of August 31, 2010.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

I noticed the same issue with my estimated arrival date being significantly later than the listed release date, so I e-mailed Amazon, and here's the response I got:

Hello,

I understand that you're expecting Ys Seven Limited Edition to be delivered within 2 days after the release date.

As you may know we will receive the supply more closely on the release date from the supplier/manufacturer. So once we received the supply on August 17, we will prepare to ship out on September 1 and you will be receiving it by end of September 3 as per fastest shipping method you have selected.

To deliver your order as quickly as possible, we assigned the near by fulfillment center from your shipping address. However, the video game isnít available at the fulfillment center which has been assigned for your order. Therefore, we need to obtain the item from another fulfillment center and it takes 14 days to ship your package.

If an item isn't readily available, selecting One-Day or Two-Day Delivery will reduce the transit time after we've shipped your order, but won't impact how long it takes us to obtain the item or prepare it for shipment.

Therefore the above estimated delivery dates are estimates, once we receive the supply from the supplier we will ship out on September 1 and you will be receiving it by September 3.
    I'm honestly having a little trouble deciphering what they mean. It sounds like Amazon is receiving a supply of the game on the 17th, but the fulfillment center that my order was assigned to won't be receiving any of them for two weeks after that? Why not just ship me the game from the place that is getting them...?

My guess would be cost. I am guessing it would be more expensive to ship it from the warehouse they first receive to your location based on your shipping options than it would be if they shipped it to the nearest fulfillment center to your residence (or workplace, depending on where you want it shipped to). Two day and overnight service tends to be calculated by distance and the farther you go the more expensive it is to ship. Basically, they are screwing you over in order to save money.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

If Minneyar's answer is the truth, I received an outright lie from Amazon. Here is mine:
    Comments:Release date for this video game is 08/17/10 and your delivery estimate is 09/03/10, 17 days after release day. My shipping speed for this order is 2 days.
    Why is the delivery estimate such a long time after release day?
    Is there any way I can receive my game two days after release?
    Hello,
    I looked into your order, and the estimated shipment and delivery dates in your order confirmation e-mail and Your Account were incorrect. I'm sorry about that. You should expect your order to be delivered by August 19.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
    In any case, the solution is to take your order elsewhere. The only "elsewhere" I know of is GameStop. They have the same price though, so I don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    In any case, the solution is to take your order elsewhere. The only "elsewhere" I know of is GameStop. They have the same price though, so I don't see the problem.

Well, I'm going to complain to Amazon some more and see if they'll ship it out of a fulfillment center that is getting the shipment on time. I'd rather wait two weeks for something from Amazon than do business with Gamestop, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Minneyar View Post
    Well, I'm going to complain to Amazon some more and see if they'll ship it out of a fulfillment center that is getting the shipment on time. I'd rather wait two weeks for something from Amazon than do business with Gamestop, anyway.
    Seriously give them a call! They can help explain what the heck is going on.

Okay, so the CSR says that everything in the order looks good. Also, they are getting enough stock to ship my order on release day. Due to a system glitch, my estimated delivery date is incorrect. The CSR said they would put a reminder in the system to review my order on the 16th and ensure it will ship on release day.