Thread: Half Minute Hero Gets A Sequel

Half Minute Hero Gets A Sequel

"You have 30 seconds to read this news article, then save the world. Good luck!"

[News]

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Half Minute Hero was my favorite game from 2009. However, I thought it sold terribly (I looked at some unofficial sales numbers).
    This sounds like an expanded hero mode from the original game (the first game has 50 levels in Hero mode). I liked "Knight Mode" from the original game too. The other modes left something to be desired. That Valhalla Knights level was something else!

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Hero mode was my favorite. Not sure if I liked Hero 30 or Hero 3 more. Really looking forward to more info on this.

My good friend just recently bought this and loves it.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    Half Minute Hero was my favorite game from 2009. However, I thought it sold terribly (I looked at some unofficial sales numbers).
    Well, "terribly" is a matter of perspective. The game didn't look like it was that expensive to make or localize. It's not like XSEED's on the stock market and has to woo short-sighted investors. Making money is good enough.

I'm glad to hear there's gonna be another one, though they missed an opportunity for some humor. Me, I'd have called it Hero 30 2 and put in a 32 second timer.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Half-Minute Hero was third behind Demon's Souls and Rondo of Swords on a list of games I wanted a sequel of. Lost Odyssey 2 and Persona 5 would be on that list, too, but HMH with nothing about RPG modes is just too sweet.

This might be the first PSP game I import if it doesn't make it over! Make it happen someone!
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Freaking sweet. I loved HMH and more of the main game is pure awesomeness. I can't wait!

According to this Siliconera article ( http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/20...-minute-hero-2 ), Half Minute Hero 2 will be localized in the UK. It looks like Rising Star will be the company to translate it, and it should be available around October 2011.

Even if Half Minute Hero 2 isn't localized in other regions, it will probably be available on a UMD. As far as I know, all games on UMD are region free, and will work on PSP models 1000 through 3000.

Thanks caddy;

In the future don't forget to drop an email to news@rpgamer.com -- since this thread is nearly a year old I'll close it up so there's no confusion ^^