Thread: Chuck, Hellboy, and Wayne Newton Walk into a Post-Apocalyptic Bar

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Chuck, Hellboy, and Wayne Newton Walk into a Post-Apocalyptic Bar

This isn't your momma's "Patrick Stewart plays the soon-dead emperor" voice acting cast announcement. Bethesda and Obsidian have assembled a varied cast of sci-fi favourites to voice the characters in Fallout: New Vegas.

[Story Here]

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    The Narrator. The Narrator never changes...

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Sorcerous View Post
    The Narrator. The Narrator never changes...
    Also true of Civilization! EDIT: Apparently that's not true?

EDIT: Boo to thread title. You'd think being an RPG centric site we'd at least mention Felicia Day of... Oh I dunno... "The Guild" in the title. Who the hell is Wayne Newton?
    Last edited by shoptroll; 08-10-2010 at 12:51 PM.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post

EDIT: Boo to thread title. You'd think being an RPG centric site we'd at least mention Felicia Day of... Oh I dunno... "The Guild" in the title. Who the hell is Wayne Newton?
    Wayne Newton is Mr. Las Vegas. He's been performing for like...ever.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    If you've never heard of Wayne Newton, you must have been unconscious for the last forty years or something o.O I'm only 25 but I've still at least HEARD of the guy.

I could totally see Wayne Newton's music fitting into the Fallout universe, too. Especially one based in Vegas.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post

Silly Shoptroll, if you know who Felicia Day is, then you know that her name must be invoked with caution, lest ye be overwhelmed by throngs of fanboys crying, "OMG hot". Also, I though the three I chose made a better setup for a nonexistant "walk into a bar" joke. So, there. Pbbbt.

The thought of Newton and Perry made me laugh. Can you just imagine running around the world with Newton playing on your Pip-Boy radio?

I'm also looking forward to bringing the game to my mom's house and running into whatever character is voiced by Perry, seeing her yell "It's Chandler!" in glee ('cause she's a big Friends fan), and then proceeding to blow his head off while she is watching, heh heh...

Gee, hope he's not an unkillable NPC...

Seriously, I'm only 22 and the first person I can think of in relation to Las Vegas is Wayne Newton.

In fact, my earliest recollection of the man was from seeing National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation back when I was 10 or something.

Re: TG
    Well... 'least it's not Joey.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Silly Shoptroll, if you know who Felicia Day is, then you know that her name must be invoked with caution, lest ye be overwhelmed by throngs of fanboys crying, "OMG hot". Also, I though the three I chose made a better setup for a nonexistant "walk into a bar" joke. So, there. Pbbbt.
    I think I'd have gone with Worf over Chuck.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Re: TG
    Well... 'least it's not Joey.
    An unkillable Joey wouldn't be a disappointment. It would be a tragedy, ha ha!

Nah, I got nothing against "Friends". The guys bugged me a bit, that's all.

Re: Robomega

But then you have two sarcastic beast warrior guys. Also, Lt. Commander Worf is long for a headline. You guys don't know how much time I waste thinking of these things.

An interesting cast they've got there, hope they deliver!

HELL YES! It's like an ensemble B-movie bonanza!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Seriously, Wayne Newton as a DJ? And Danny Trejo as a Ghoul? That's too perfect. Definitely a day 1 purchase for me.

I hope Sulik will make a cameo as well...