Thread: Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale to Release on Impulse

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale to Release on Impulse

For those of you who have been playing the Recettear demo like crazy, Carpe Fulgur has some great news for you. How great? Well, you won't have to worry about the black market coming after your organs, that's for sure.

Story.

That was fast. I'd prefer GG, but Impulse is still way better then the alternatives. Looking forward to it.

Impulse is one of the least obtrusive DRMs out there. You must connect to the internet for one thing only: To download the game. You never need to connect again after that, but you must leave the Impulse client software installed.

That is a shame. I guess I won't be getting the game any time soon, then. If I have to download software just to buy a game, than that is a purchase that the publisher loses out on. Until the game is available standalone without having to download a program to purchase it, I am going to have to give this game a pass. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to the game.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Unlike steam, you can uninstall it directly after.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Cool to hear they found a distributor. I'm a bit surprised Steam isn't getting a release but there's probably a reason for that and I've heard nothing bad about Impulse so this is probably going to be a title to push me to getting Impulse installed.

Quote Originally Posted by MonCapitan2002 View Post
    That is a shame. I guess I won't be getting the game any time soon, then. If I have to download software just to buy a game, than that is a purchase that the publisher loses out on. Until the game is available standalone without having to download a program to purchase it, I am going to have to give this game a pass. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to the game.
    The chances of that happening with most commercial (no matter how big or small) is slim to none. Especially after what's happened in the past with titles like World of Goo, Zeno Clash, or Machinarium which suffered from 90% or greater piracy rates.

Just suck it up and download the store client. It's not going to kill you.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

I'm thinking Impulse. Less restrictions, you know? However, it's $2 extra

Temporarily it's cheaper on Steam.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Thumbs-up for the Steam availability, for those of us who are too lazy to use more than one digital download service.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Will this game end being on the PSN and XBLA? I'll wait for a while.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Andrew Dice (publisher) has said no to that question in more uncertain terms.

Money talks anyway. I'm paranoid about having running services on my PC. This game looks good and it remains me a little about Falcom games.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    Cool to hear they found a distributor. I'm a bit surprised Steam isn't getting a release but there's probably a reason for that and I've heard nothing bad about Impulse so this is probably going to be a title to push me to getting Impulse installed.

The chances of that happening with most commercial (no matter how big or small) is slim to none. Especially after what's happened in the past with titles like World of Goo, Zeno Clash, or Machinarium which suffered from 90% or greater piracy rates.

Just suck it up and download the store client. It's not going to kill you.
    I refuse to suck it up. I'll simply have to do without. I can at least still enjoy the demo.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Then the both of you want to get the game from Gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RAIST/r...tem-shops-tale

The only thing Gamersgate loads besides the actual game software is a tiny download assistant that's pretty much there to ensure you don't lose data in the event of a disconnection. It can be completely deleted after that, and then you may copy the Recettear game software wherever and as often as you like. (Just don't copy it to pirate networks, please :V )

Excellent, I have enough Blue Coins for it too *buys*

Prod with the Prod The Doomhammer's Avatar
    Whoa, Drake you got it on steam! good work! first heard about the game on SA, definitely be getting it once it's released.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    I know I'll be buying this day one.