Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 2 to Appear on PlayStation 3

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Mass Effect 2 to Appear on PlayStation 3

PlayStation 3 RPGamers were shafted previously by this year's release of Mass Effect 2. Thankfully, BioWare is out to gain some love, as it's porting this 2010 hit to the PlayStation 3.

Story.

Thank you bioware for saving me some money! Now, I don't have to buy yet another 360 to replace the one that got the RROD on me in the middle of my infinate undiscovery play session. . . . Oh, the flashbacks. I think I need therapy.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! I knew it would happen!

That said.... What about the first one? It would be unfortunate to not have all of the decision making carry over, wonder how they will handle that. Probably in the same way they would if you just started up a new ME game. Seems odd though that they would not find a way to release the first one all things considered. I see this means multi-plat ME3. Sweeeet.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

I'm happy PS3 only owners get to experience the ME2 goodness. I'm all for ME3 as a multi-platform title as that means more people get to play it. I'm very excited/upset about this announcement. Now I have to buy it on the PS3 to get the additional goodness. Still, gaming just reserved a win today.

I have strong opinions. Slanted they may be. Uninformed they are not.

More people getting to experience one of the greatest games of the past decade or so? Awesome

The reactions from some of the 360 fantards are hilarious. I'm of the opinion that exclusivity is largely redundant and the "console wars" are really really (really) stupid.

Shouldn't we be discussing the games themselves, not the bunch of circuts, wires and plastic via which they are played?

But...but... its exc000000siiiiive!!!!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

best news from yesterday. I'm stoked!

I'm actually shocked there isn't more fanboy rage over this. The net did not explode

www.powerlinemag.com

Without the first, this move is useless.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    I don't know about useless, but it IS a bit confusing.

www.powerlinemag.com

Mass Effect - Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios

Mass Effect 2 - Publisher: Electronic Arts, Inc.

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Apparently they will be including something that helps get the story of the first over. Beats me what it is though (long interactive cutscene, like a briefing maybe?).

Either way, good news for PS3 owners.
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by Severin Mira View Post
    Apparently they will be including something that helps get the story of the first over. Beats me what it is though (long interactive cutscene, like a briefing maybe?).

Either way, good news for PS3 owners.
    Thats cool where did you read that?

www.powerlinemag.com

The PlayStation 3 edition is said to include the full game and hours of additional content.
    If you refer to this quote, I think they mean downloadable content will be included in the PS3 version.

Quote Originally Posted by nim22ama View Post
    If you refer to this quote, I think they mean downloadable content will be included in the PS3 version.
    Awesome! The PS3 will get the full game unlike the hacked up 360 one! YEEES!

www.powerlinemag.com

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Useless? No way. I believe Mass Effect 2 sold more than the first, so obviously there's people who played and probably loved it without playing the first one at all. Plus Bioware said they'll get the story of the first one in there somehow. I was hoping they'd somehow recreate the major missions from ME1 in the improved ME2 engine though. ME1 is such a technical mess.

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    Thats cool where did you read that?
    Here was where I got that from. Unclear what they're actually doing though, will have to wait for the announcement. Didn't get any of the ME2 DLC myself (other than the 'free' stuff at launch) but imagine it'll go part of the way to making it more desireable for the PS3.
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    Hrm. Without being able to connect up with the first game, the best feature of ME2 is already missing. That's kind of why I assumed rumors like this were false.

Hopefully they come up with a fair substitute - ain't fair for PS3 fans to get shafted where the 360 and PC fans didn't.

Still, good news for PS3 fans.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nergal View Post
    The reactions from some of the 360 fantards are hilarious. I'm of the opinion that exclusivity is largely redundant and the "console wars" are really really (really) stupid.
    But if other people get to play the game it's not as much fun :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Sorcerous View Post
    But if other people get to play the game it's not as much fun :-P
    Duh. The less the better. If everyone gets to play the same game, what will we brag about. Freaking conformists.

www.powerlinemag.com