Thread: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced

Can't wait to traverse the broken lands of Azeroth with a miniature Deathwing at your side? You'd best be picking up the WoW: Cataclysm Collector's Edition.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Wow... that's actually a pretty lame CE. Granted, its just for an expansion but still.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    Wow... that's actually a pretty lame CE. Granted, its just for an expansion but still.
    Did you see the price, though? $80 for an expansion pack CE? I've seen CEs for full games with better bonuses that cost the same. Fable 3 collector's edition, for example, is listed at $79.99 on Amazon.com. Fallout: New Vegas is the same price, too.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

It's pretty much the same package and price as the other two. As they sell like crazy, Blizzard isn't exactly being motivated to make it swaggier or cheaper.

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    It's pretty much the same package and price as the other two. As they sell like crazy, Blizzard isn't exactly being motivated to make it swaggier or cheaper.
    How much more is it than the standard edition? $40? As an avid wow player, is it worth the extra cash for what you get?

Oh here is a link to the Official Blizzard Page for the CE.
    Last edited by risingsun; 08-17-2010 at 02:56 PM.

There isn't a yes or no answer for that. I'm very likely going to be considered an "avid" WoW player, but I own no CEs. LK was 59.99 for standard and 79.99 for the CE (CAD), so the difference wasn't that huge. This one is a bit more, but it also includes a newer, more popular deck.

President of Soft Paws SeraphimKitten's Avatar
    They're not great, but they're not bad, either. I suspect that because companion pets are so popular people want the collector's edition-only ones and that's why they sell out at most locations. I really enjoy the "Making of" DVD with the interviews. Playing a game is okay, but I really like to hear the thought process behind each decision they make. They're also just so passionate about it, it's nice to see people really happy making what they're making. I'm a bit sad that the recent expansions only give you one companion pet, though. I miss the days when you picked up a mini diablo, panda, and zergling just for getting one collector's edition.