Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Trailer Is Practically a Movie

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

This Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Trailer Is Practically a Movie

Watch Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep's three protagonists embody the qualities of ambition, compassion, and peppiness in this lengthy trailer. Of course, they're not going to reveal what's behind the creepy kid's mask until you shell out for the actual game.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Hoorray! Eagerly looking forward to this.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Indeed, it looks to be an actually worthy portable KH game. I could do without the hyperactive Sora-alike, but I suppose it can't be helped.

Still trying to figure out who Mark Hamill is playing...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Indeed, it looks to be an actually worthy portable KH game. I could do without the hyperactive Sora-alike, but I suppose it can't be helped.
    You say Sora-alike, I say Roxas-alike

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    You say Sora-alike, I say Roxas-alike
    Let's call the whole thing off!

*looks up VAs*

OK, we know every major character except Terra. Ven is still McCartney. Nimoy is Master Xehanort. Master Eraqus is Hamill. Willa Holland is Aqua (who I'm not really impressed with from the trail... sounds flat). Vanitas is Haley Joel Osment.

Looks seriously legit

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Even Sora and Riku are in this game, though they are younger. Truely a prequel.

I do not want to play this game, however, I must. I have my principles. I have played through every US-released (and many that were not) Square game up to date and this can be no exception.

The closer I get to 30, the less I care about melodrama.

Quote Originally Posted by Clix View Post
    *looks up VAs*

OK, we know every major character except Terra. Ven is still McCartney. Nimoy is Master Xehanort. Master Eraqus is Hamill. Willa Holland is Aqua (who I'm not really impressed with from the trail... sounds flat). Vanitas is Haley Joel Osment.
    Yeah I'm not impressed with Aqua's VA either.

It's bad enough that Ven looks like Roxas, but casting Sora's VA as another main character is going to be confusing.

Well, see, in Japan, Vanitas was also done by Sora's voice actor. However, in that case, it was because the voice actor wanted to play an evil role (was tired of being pigeon hole'd). ...SE tends to 1:1 VAs in this regard.

Transcends lowly masses
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    I'm no defender of Kingdom Hearts, but this is easily the best portable game in the series, and I feel, the best Kingdom Hearts since the original.

I liked the first one, but have not enjoyed any KH titles since. Birth by Sleep, however, I really liked. I recommend it to anyone who ever enjoyed any game in the series, though I don't think it'll convert any haters.

I liked the two main games. I really hated the GBA one (why did they make fights using cards, I mean wtf) and the DS one simply sucked.

As for this one, tried the JP version and it was awesome, but couldn't understand anything.

I still like the GBA one the best... on the PS2. The original version was kind of hard to get into. The DS one was basically a quick cash scheme with little relevance to the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Clix View Post
    I still like the GBA one the best... on the PS2. The original version was kind of hard to get into. The DS one was basically a quick cash scheme with little relevance to the series.
    A quick cash scheme? The production values for that game are immense for a DS game. How exactly is it a quick cash scheme?

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Crazed Bullet Miser StormofSwords's Avatar
    Oh. My. God. Words do not describe my excitement for this game. It's going to absolutely kick ***. Probably mine. What is it about Kingdom Hearts? Why do I love it so? Why is summer warm? All pointless questions...

But yeah, when people ask why I still support Square-Enix, the easiest reply is just 'Simple. Kingdom Hearts.'
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by StormofSwords View Post
    Oh. My. God. Words do not describe my excitement for this game. It's going to absolutely kick ***. Probably mine. What is it about Kingdom Hearts? Why do I love it so? Why is summer warm? All pointless questions...

But yeah, when people ask why I still support Square-Enix, the easiest reply is just 'Simple. Kingdom Hearts.'
    I really enjoyed KH1, but was disappointed in the exceedingly linear nature of KH2. I hope BBS brings back a bit more exploration.

Crazed Bullet Miser StormofSwords's Avatar
    KHII was a bit linear. The improved camera, graphics and skill system definitely helped make up for that, though.
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    I hope I enjoy this game, The DS game kind of killed my excitement about this one.