Thread: Torchlight headed to XBL and PSN

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Torchlight headed to XBL and PSN

Torchlight is on a second dungeon run for the the money in your wallet. Can you resist buying it on your home console of choice?
    Last edited by Ocelot; 08-23-2010 at 09:59 AM.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    Ahhh, so we're hearing about this in interviews now? They've had mentions of this over on the Runic forums since last year, so it's nice to see something concrete. I'm surprised they're still considering it for TL though; I figured they'd go straight for TL2.

I WILL BUY THIS.

Seriously. My laptop chugs while trying to play the game, it'd be nice to be able to play it without worrying that my computer is going to light on fire. (Yes, even on the lowest settings. Yes, even in `Netbook mode. Blame Vista.)

And Seriously, Deathspank (Another Diablo-esque game) was awesome on Consoles. I can't wait to play the crap out of this.

According to the interview, Runic Games had desired to put Torchlight on Xbox live Arcade after its initial release and put, according to Schaefer, "serious effort into a console version." When asked about a potential release of Torchlight 2 on consoles, Schaefer commented that Runic will "try to get the multiplayer sequel to consoles sometime after the PC and Mac release.
    Regarding this, does that mean Torchlight 1 is single-player only?

A quick hop to google would have told you the answer in far less time then typing it out on a forum and waiting for an answer, in fact... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=torchlight+single+player

^Heh heh heh awesome

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbabylon View Post
    A quick hop to google would have told you the answer in far less time then typing it out on a forum and waiting for an answer, in fact... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=torchlight+single+player
    Thank you for contributing to my laziness~ <3

I played right into his hands. Nooooooooooooooo---

I had my hopes this would come to consoles eventually. I'll give this a try. So many good games coming out on PSN/XBLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Descara View Post
    Regarding this, does that mean Torchlight 1 is single-player only?
    Yes it is. Unfortunately, they decided to go multi player with the sequel.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Quote Originally Posted by MonCapitan2002 View Post
    Yes it is. Unfortunately, they decided to go multi player with the sequel.
    Are you thinking of the upcoming Torchlight MMO? Torchlight II is different, and can be played single-player just like the original game. You just have the option to play co-op now if you wish to.

It looks good so maybe I will buy it. Now I will type Torchlight on Youtube to see if there's something.

*Edit*

Ok I'm sold! This and Deathspank 2 are on the list.
    Last edited by LordKaiser; 08-23-2010 at 09:24 PM.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Are you thinking of the upcoming Torchlight MMO? Torchlight II is different, and can be played single-player just like the original game. You just have the option to play co-op now if you wish to.
    That is good to know. While I do like multi player in general (although cooperative play is preferred), I do not like it with RPG's. I much prefer playing RPG's solo.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

I would like to play this on my ps3!

I'll totally pick this up for the PS3. Had no interest in it while it was PC exclusive

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Heh, did you ever play the PC version? If it's anything like that, it'll be nice to play it without the screen popping in and out when you're playing it. No matter what you seemed to do, if your mouse strayed even but a little, it would minimize your game but still be playing in the background... it was a constant irritation. It's to the point it kills you off so often that you get frustrated to play it on the PC. Please tell me they'll fix this problem... soon.

I can't see a reason why this wouldn't work on a console.

It's a fairly straight forward approach to the Diablo genre, and after Sacred, I'm convinced the style can not only survive but excel on a controller.

I wonder if there'll be achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by KiroLM View Post
    I can't see a reason why this wouldn't work on a console.

It's a fairly straight forward approach to the Diablo genre, and after Sacred, I'm convinced the style can not only survive but excel on a controller.

I wonder if there'll be achievements.
    Not that I have much interest in achievements, but every Xbox360 game has them. I can't see why Torchlight would not have any.

Quote Originally Posted by reionpremente View Post
    Heh, did you ever play the PC version? If it's anything like that, it'll be nice to play it without the screen popping in and out when you're playing it. No matter what you seemed to do, if your mouse strayed even but a little, it would minimize your game but still be playing in the background... it was a constant irritation. It's to the point it kills you off so often that you get frustrated to play it on the PC. Please tell me they'll fix this problem... soon.
    Um, my husband and I both played Torchlight on the PC, and never had this problem. It's definitely not universal, nor even common, as far as I know.

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    It's a problem with dual monitors. But a number of games have the same issue, so if it's really bothersome, it's not hard to not tab out the first time (which usually triggers it) or temporarily shut off the second feed. Even then I had the problem once....maybe twice? Not enough to even bother putting it in the review, I can say that. It was, however, extremely irksome in Puzzle Bots.