Thread: Aphelion: Episode One Graves of Earth - Interview

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Aphelion: Episode One Graves of Earth - Interview

Haven't heard of Aphelion? Chances are you haven't been checking out the games on Xbox Live Indie Arcade. This space opera-esque RPG comes to us from developer Lunatic Studios. RPGamer had the chance to catch up with Lunatic Studios to discuss their episodic RPG in more detail.

Interview

I can see this little indie company doing a full fledged console game at some point in the future. I really loved the first, and I will buy the second episode day one. That is rare for me.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Wow, this one completely slipped passed me. I am quite intrigued by the concept since I loved all of the games that were listed as major influences. I'll definitely have to buy Episode I when I get home tonight.

Indeed you will. I loved it, and I got just under nine hours out of the game, not too shabby for three bucks!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

We appreciate that RPGamer took the time to interview us, and thanks for the positive words again Confessor Rahl.

A rare event, but I happen to agree with Rahl on this one. With Lunatic Studios and Zeboyd Games, it looks like Xbox Live Indie Arcade will continue to have some solid RPGs.

I am way excited for the second episode of Aphelion. I just wish it were to be released sometime before my Winter break ends in January so I could fit it in before getting back to my apartment. I only have wireless there and there's no way in hell I'd buy a wireless adapter for my 360. It's a major bummer that you need to be connected to Live to play Indie games. It's sad enough that I never got to use the New Game+ feature for Aphelion, but at least I can fit that in when I'm away for the weekend or have vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticStudios View Post
    We appreciate that RPGamer took the time to interview us, and thanks for the positive words again Confessor Rahl.
    Hah hah no worries, I hope I got a few people to download the game at least!

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    A rare event, but I happen to agree with Rahl on this one. With Lunatic Studios and Zeboyd Games, it looks like Xbox Live Indie Arcade will continue to have some solid RPGs.
    OUCH!

www.powerlinemag.com

LoL. What? Let's face it, we have different tastes. That doesn't mean anything bad.

It does look like a fun game. I will have to wait and see if they port it to a system I do have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgodes View Post
    I am way excited for the second episode of Aphelion. I just wish it were to be released sometime before my Winter break ends in January so I could fit it in before getting back to my apartment. I only have wireless there and there's no way in hell I'd buy a wireless adapter for my 360. It's a major bummer that you need to be connected to Live to play Indie games. It's sad enough that I never got to use the New Game+ feature for Aphelion, but at least I can fit that in when I'm away for the weekend or have vacation.
    It should be available sometime 2010, so... before January.