Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPGCast - Episode 143: "AlwaysSummer"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 143: "AlwaysSummer"

RPGCast - Episode 143: "AlwaysSummer"

Crytpic is giving us another chance to venture into the world of NeverWinter. Meanwhile, Square Enix is confusing the entire internet again. The biggest story of all is that Manny is getting his teeth pulled. These exclusives and more on this week's RPGCast.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/143

RPGCast streams live every Saturday at 12 PM Eastern / 9 AM Pacific

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "AlwaysSummer"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

-----------------------------

Download Garett Lindquist's "Club House" here: http://www.rpgamer.com/rpgcast/userm...ub%20House.mp3

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    You know, I wonder where this ridiculous urban legend about Chrono Trigger's IP rights started. The rights have always been Squaresoft's/Square Enix's.

Parasite Eve, by contrast, is a licensed work based on a novel by Hideaki Sena and published by Kadokawa Horror Bunko in 1995 (a translated version was made available in America by Vertical Inc. in 2005 if you'd like to track the book down). I imagine SE would have to renegotiate a license at the very lease with Kadokawa, if not with Mr. Sena himself.
    Last edited by MasterChief; 08-29-2010 at 08:46 AM.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

I care! Or at least am intrigued by this indie basketball-based rpg. If you could pont me in a direction to check that out that would be great. Also thanks to Manny for the heads up on the Bethesda podcast, I'll definitely be checking that out.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Nekobasu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sabin1001 View Post
    Download Garett Lindquist's "Club House" here: http://www.rpgamer.com/rpgcast/userm...ub%20House.mp3
    Two very happy claws up. I love this little piece, it's totally going on my ipod's wake-me-up-please playlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    Two very happy claws up. I love this little piece, it's totally going on my ipod's wake-me-up-please playlist.
    That seriously makes me ecstatic to hear! If one person enjoys it, then it's a success! I almost didn't get it done in time for the podcast. I sent it to Chris at like 9pm on Friday haha. Thanks again!

Please do keep doing them! I've enjoyed all your tunes, and this one landed at the same time I was shakin' up my list and wanted to add some new stuff, so I wanted to show some appreciation

Daddy Dragon II Administrator Firemyst's Avatar
    I'm curious what everyone thought about the fact there were only two of us. I thought it actually flowed pretty well, considering the spontaneity of the way it worked out. Was it too dry with only two, or would you like to hear this kind of thing again?
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    Please do keep doing them! I've enjoyed all your tunes, and this one landed at the same time I was shakin' up my list and wanted to add some new stuff, so I wanted to show some appreciation
    I will definitely keep up with the music! I have a couple I am working on right now of all different types (I make music with the most extreme A.D.D haha) but I don't think any are going to be finished before the next Podcast though. With a fresh supply of free time (which is rare) and a couple of cold beers (or as I call it, inspiration), I should be able to finish one in time hopefully What Iíve been really into lately is making HD remakes of old RPG videogame songs. Not actually remixing it into another song but actually just remaking it with similar sounding high quality instruments and sounds. I have posted one on my Moddb page of the Highwind theme from FF7. I put a link to the original. It doesn't lose its nostalgia factor but it doesn't sound as aged (which is weird because that for me helps the nostalgia factor sometimes). Check t out; you'll see what I mean. Anyway, thanks again for the appreciation. It means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemyst View Post
    I'm curious what everyone thought about the fact there were only two of us. I thought it actually flowed pretty well, considering the spontaneity of the way it worked out. Was it too dry with only two, or would you like to hear this kind of thing again?
    I had a blast listening to you two play Puzzle Quest 2 a while back. You can tell that you and Chris are obviously good friends and it was an entertaining listen (not to mention you sounded ike Darth Vader). You guys have good chemistry over the air so when it came down to being just you and Chris, I wasn't worried at all. It flowed well and stayed interesting even at the "slowest" parts. The funny thing is when you would comment that the podcast was "failing fast" it didn't really hurt anything but just add a humor to your scenario. Great job guys! But hey though, i'd always be more than willing to hop on if you guys are in a pinch for people again .

gdawgtuk, I said it a couple weeks ago, but I'll say it again- you make some good music, my friend.

I think the podcast was fine with just Mikel and Chris, save for the first few minutes after Manny left. But then, you two do the majority of the talking in any given podcast already.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I thought it flowed well, too, especially since you two play off each other well. I imagine it would get stale if it were just the two of you repeatedly, but once it awhile, it's not bad at all.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

It can work, but the additional personalities help to break it up a bit, so keeping it three and up is probably best, unless you're doing specials like the Puzzle Quest 2 thing.

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    I dunno. Once that 3rd guy left I stopped listening to the show.

Same here, I like that odd little guy. In fairness, the show went well once they stopped talking about how awkward it was and quit trying to get others on live. That and Mikel did seem hopped up on cold medicine at times, but it still went OK despite that.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Quote Originally Posted by lithorose View Post
    gdawgtuk, I said it a couple weeks ago, but I'll say it again- you make some good music, my friend.
    You know what Lithorose, I remember seeing that a couple weeks back and really meant to say thank you but I believe something got me side tracked and I forgot to come back and respond. So my apologies and thank you so much for the appreciation! I can tell you that it definitely made my day!

You know what I found funny? The explaination of the FFXIV fatigue system sounded nearly as needlessly convoluted as the Return to Vana'diel program some time back. Seriously, I bet even the Japanese are like "WTF are they SAYING?!"
    Last edited by MasterChief; 08-31-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekobasu View Post
    Good lookin' out folkers. Not quite what I expected, I was thinking it would actually involve playing basketball sorta like Inazuma Eleven and soccer, but with Sir Charles in there it's practically mandatory for me to try and play this sometime this weekend.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass

Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    Same here, I like that odd little guy. In fairness, the show went well once they stopped talking about how awkward it was and quit trying to get others on live. That and Mikel did seem hopped up on cold medicine at times, but it still went OK despite that.
    I agree. The weakest part of the show was the discussion of how badly the show was going. Once you returned from the meta-narrative, the Cast improved significantly.

Hm, no podcast this week? Did something happen to you guys? Nothing too bad I hopes.