Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Golden Sun Shines Again in November

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

The Golden Sun Shines Again in November

It has been far too long since the last Golden Sun could be seen on the horizon, but now it is before us once again. Happy times are sure to follow.

Cosmo Nova RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    Whether Nintendo brings it out here (instead of Japan) before the end of the year has yet to be determined, but I wouldn't plan on it, not after it took so long to localize The Lost Age way back when.
    'The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread.' So this is it, huh folks?

I never got into the first two games, but this one does look pretty on the DS.
    My Links:

DeviantArt, Twitter

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    I'm fairly certain that Nov. 29 is the offical American release date, at least according to this article. Why would it say "Has nearly arrived in America" and then give a Japanese release date after that?

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=25161

I was also starting to worry that it wouldn't be released this year, but hopefully its confirmed to be an English/Worldwide release.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I made my reserve not too long ago. Though I'm late to the Golden Sun bandwagon, I can't wait to play this game
    "Life will be a very great deal less weird without you!"

"Do you know I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me?

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGod View Post
    I'm fairly certain that Nov. 29 is the offical American release date, at least according to this article. Why would it say "Has nearly arrived in America" and then give a Japanese release date after that?

I was also starting to worry that it wouldn't be released this year, but hopefully its confirmed to be an English/Worldwide release.
    This certainly does sound like a NA release date article to me.... either that or their PR is dumb.

Is it worth tracking down the first two before playing this? I never got around to playing them.

Any GBA/DS interconnectivity going on with this? I remember you could import your GS save into TLA, via either link cable or various levels of passwords. I know a few games have extra stuff if you play them with a certain GBA title in the system, so it's possible, I just wonder if anything's been said yes or no on the matter.
    I'm He Who Lurks, and I'm AWESOME!

Huh, yeah, I got confused (that happens sometimes). Guess I know what'll be in my DS slot around that time. As for GBA connectivity, it'd be great, but then Nintendo would have to exclude all the DSi owners. That could happen, but I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGod View Post

In addition to that point, there is the fact that this press release is in English and posted by the US branch of the company. If this were about the Japanese release date only, they would not have announced its release in a press release to the US media. It makes more sense to me that this would be the Western release date that is being announce. Has Nintendo Japan announced when the game would be released on their side?
    Last edited by MonCapitan2002; 08-31-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    GS-DS is much different than the older games, anyways. We've already seen localized gameplay, and the game was even ANNOUNCED at an American trade show. It's clear they have an American audience in mind with this game.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Quote Originally Posted by freykin View Post
    Is it worth tracking down the first two before playing this? I never got around to playing them.
    They did a backtrack podcast for the first two games in May: RPG Backtrack - Episode 16

I can't quite remember what they said. But I think you would be playing them to get up to speed with the game-play, rather than wanting to catch up with the story.

I don't believe the plot is terribly connected to the first two games. It's a generation or so apart, so setting and backstory come from GS1+2. The plot itself sounds kind of stand-alone-ish. If anything, there will be a minor recap at the start of the game.

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    Right in the heat of Rebo's New Game Embargo That Doesn't End Until Grad School Does.

DAMN YOU NINTENDO.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Pretty much...
    Quote Originally Posted by He Who Lurks View Post
    Any GBA/DS interconnectivity going on with this? I remember you could import your GS save into TLA, via either link cable or various levels of passwords. I know a few games have extra stuff if you play them with a certain GBA title in the system, so it's possible, I just wonder if anything's been said yes or no on the matter.
    Don't take my word for it, but i seem to recall GS 2 giving you a completion code at the end...

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Original Golden Sun gave you a code with the completed save game for you to input into The Lost Age which carried other Djinn, levels etc of the original party. So far there's no word about interconnectivity between Dark Dawn and the other 2. I personally think it's unlikely, partly because of the time gap between game releases, but that's just random musing.
    "Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Moderator Moderator flamethrower's Avatar
    NDS can definitely read any and all data on the inserted Slot 2 card including save data in NDS mode. And in GBA mode too (heh). Knights in the Nightmare checks for the Yggdra Union card in Slot 2. If it is there, certain game elements will change. I don't know of any game that actually reads Slot 2 save data though.
    For me, it seems inappropriate to do a save transfer. I would rather start a new adventure.

NDS certainly can. Not the DSi, and Nintendo has plugged that thing for awhile. It'd be nice to get something from completed save data of The Lost Age, though.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Severin Mira View Post
    Original Golden Sun gave you a code with the completed save game for you to input into The Lost Age which carried other Djinn, levels etc of the original party. So far there's no word about interconnectivity between Dark Dawn and the other 2. I personally think it's unlikely, partly because of the time gap between game releases, but that's just random musing.
    Oh god those codes. I'd like to hope that they learned a lesson from that code and never try to do things that way again.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Nintendo is running away from the gba slot fast so I'm not sure they will even do something like that. I know pokemon did it but the GBA games had code to link up to gamecubes and let them access pokemon boxes plus when diamond and pearl hit the DS and the DS lite were in their prime. No the DSi and the upcoming 3ds are their focus which have no GBA slot....

then again even if it's been too long they might let you put in your code for lost age...err...maybe not?(no telling)
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,