Thread: Cladun: This Is An RPG Receives Release Date

Cladun: This Is An RPG Receives Release Date

This article has helped in the creation of one of Cladun's random dungeons. Look within if you want to see what 8-bit fun Cladun has to offer later this month.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Hooray! Really looking forward to this and ZHP.

The main character is whoever you want it to be, as represented in 8-bit sprite style, be it Flonne, a Prinny or Christopher Walken. The player also has complete freedom when it comes to creating an archnemesis, who will scale with your abilities as your character progress through the game.
    Good lord. Can you see it? Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus! Ninja vs Pirate! Anyone vs Zombie Tom Cruise! Anyone vs regular Tom Cruise!

Any news on pricing?
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Maybe I should ask a PR peep what's up before posting in a public place, but I'm playing this game now for the RPGamer review and the dungeons aren't random. The main quest dungeons are all preset, or at least if they are generated randomly they don't change when you revisit them, which I highly doubt is the case here. There is an optional 99 floor dungeon that's randomly generated each time you enter it, though. So in that sense, the stages are more Lufia 2 or Disgaea in that the main quest levels are set and you jump into a huge optional dungeon to get your random on.

~Edited to correct something really stupid before anyone noticed
    Last edited by 7thCircle; 09-04-2010 at 11:10 PM.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

Can not wait for this game.

I already anticipate spending almost as much time crafting sprites as actually playing the game.

I think I'll be getting this. I'm more looking forward to ZHP though.