Thread: Borderlands Raises Level Cap With Free DLC

Borderlands Raises Level Cap With Free DLC

Want to become even stronger in Borderlands? Don't worry, all you need to do is sit there and wait for this new DLC to arrive. You may polish your guns, though.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Great, so some people will be totally thrilled until they grind out another 8 levels and go right back to demanding a higher level cap again, only this time their skill point allocation will have even less significance.

Maybe they'll fix the mob level scaling, which has kinda been broke since the last big DLC.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    I'd just settle for them stripping the DRM from the first two DLCs on Steam.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Interesting... So patches are called DLC now?

m19

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    I've been anticipating this since word leaked out that they had another DLC pack in the works. This is great news although I hope they really really do a good job of rebalancing everything because with all the DLC and the new cap it's going to be very trivial to max out 2/3 of the trees.

Also, it's worth noting that it sounds like without the Knoxx DLC (DLC #3) you'll hit the cap at level 58. But you should get the Knoxx DLC anyways because it's good stuff.

Oh and 9/28 release for DLC4? Genociding Claptraps is the perfect birthday gift! Thank you Gearbox <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zoinks View Post
    Maybe they'll fix the mob level scaling, which has kinda been broke since the last big DLC.
    Well the core game wasn't intended to be played with an additional 11 levels, so i'm not surprised and I expect this update will address that.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    I'd just settle for them stripping the DRM from the first two DLCs on Steam.
    That would be crazy awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan19 View Post
    Interesting... So patches are called DLC now?
    That's what I was thinking too. I think this site is the only one referring to it as "DLC".
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

It's content that's downloadable, right?

Yeah, weak excuse, apologies for poor wording, it really is just a patch.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    It's content that's downloadable, right?
    Only if it has actual new content and not changing numbers
    So long & thanks for all the fish!