Thread: Square Enix Releases First Gameplay Trailer For Dungeon Siege III

Square Enix Releases First Gameplay Trailer For Dungeon Siege III

Sieging dungeons has never looked so colourful. Have a look at the first gameplay trailer here.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

New Member New Registered User
    I'm almost compelled to say wow, but not without hesitation. The original Dungeon Siege played like a cross between Baldur's Gate and Diablo, albeit it was a tad dull. I never played the second, but apparently it was much of the same (with the blatant addition of "sexy warrioress" boxart). This one seems to go full on dungeon hack (and being on consoles, my theory is supported), and I'm an admitted sucker for those kinds of games. That's not necessarily a compliment to DSIII, but it bodes well for my interest level.

Wow... it looks like... NWN 2... let's just hope the console versions are better than the PC version. DS 2 had some of the most awkward controls for the PC imaginable. Why they didn't just keep the DS1 control scheme I'll never know. And BTW, it looks like they turned all the women into Drow Sorceresses. This is definitely going to be strange.

Don't bother with 2... the controls were scrapped from DS and it just kept getting more and more difficult. It was hard to remember which buttons did what... although with practice it got somewhat easier but I wouldn't say that's much of a praise to it. The leveling up system was better in the first game as well. Although in 2, you could actually do a little more customization, but to get it work in the game was a challenge in and of itself.

I will watch this one. It looks better than I had expected.

Quote Originally Posted by reionpremente View Post
    DS 2 had some of the most awkward controls for the PC imaginable.
    That depends on your viewpoint. I played DS2 first and when I tried DS, I thought it was like a tech demo compared to DS2, which was an actual game.

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about though. The controls were identical: click-to-move, WASD (or mouse) to mess with the camera. All they did in 2 was scrap some party controls (e.g. formations), since they were unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by reionpremente
    The leveling up system was better in the first game as well.
    And that system was identical too. The only difference is that in DS2 you got points to spend on passive skills.
    Last edited by tootbrush; 09-07-2010 at 04:19 AM.

This looks nothing like DS1 or DS2. But maybe I should have expected that since reports said it would focus on singer-player gameplay. (which I'm much less keen on)

Doesn't look bad. But considering I liked DS1 more than DS2, the game-style isn't exactly going in a direction I prefer.

I had no problem with the controls in DS2... actually I found the controls and pretty much everything about DS2 better than the original... with the exception of fewer party members. I am curious to see what happens with this one, and the trailer looks nice. If they have cut the party size i'm out... that is key for me in RPG's. And I found the cut from 8 to 4 party members annoying when they already went big.