Thread: Fan Expo 2010 - Crazy Crayons, Flailing, and Too Many Squalls

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Fan Expo 2010 - Crazy Crayons, Flailing, and Too Many Squalls

This year, our intrepid Canadian crew shoved their way through the crowds at the Toronto FanExpo to try out some games and gawk at the cool art and costumes. You want to see what they were up to, don't you? Eh?

Convention Report

Motion Control Impressions by Becky Cunningham

Did you guys do this instead of PAX Prime or something?

Metapod cosplay is a little funky.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    Ocelot, Fowl and I all live in Canada, and this is the Canadian prime gaming event. There will be PAX coverage at some point for the staffers who went to PAX. We just didn't have as much luck in finding RPG stuff compared to them, but we still wanted to discuss our experience since Fan Expo is huge on table-top games as well!

@ Zelgodes - wht's awkward (and hilarious) about that cosplay was all the people yelling at it to use "HARDEN!"

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    There are many RPG staffers living in different parts of the world. We are all special snowflakes, and those of us in the eastern part of Canada are particularly snowflakey. Also, we don't have the money for plane fare to Seattle. RPGamer had a different crew at PAX.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgodes View Post
    Metapod cosplay is a little funky.
    Everyone was walking by yelling, "Metapod! Use harden! Use harden!"

Edit: And I just repeated Nyx. Twice.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Wow, coming out of serious lurkage to reply to this... I was the glittery disco FFX Shiva with the Squall & DoC Yuffie =) Was that you, who jumped up from the floor to take our picture when we walked in? ^^ Have to say it was awesome to have someone recognize our cosplay so quickly... the last time I wore that costume (which was at CNAnime incidentally) I was mistaken for that opera chick from The Fifth Element, or some random alien race from Star Trek...

Also, yes, my bf was one of the legions of Squalls - trust me, we were just as surprised to see that many as you - but that was mainly because it was (and always will be) the easiest costume to put together on short notice ^^

Agreed on the terrible disorganization at the con this year though. I missed out on 2009 because I was out of the country and was excited to check it out this year for Amano, if nothing else, but the chaotic lines outside and general lack of things to do on the exhibition floor were pretty disappointing. I only went for part of the Saturday but that was tiring enough for me to be relieved that I didn't bother with the other two days.