Thread: The Return of the Sinistrals Draws Nigh

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

The Return of the Sinistrals Draws Nigh

It is finally time to see the story of Maxim's battle against the Sinistrals, again. I think this is the third game to tell that story. You won't see me complaining about it, though.

the game was perfect as it was - they should concentrate on making a worthy sequel instead of a re-make. I'm so tired of re-makes!!

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    The preview article of the game in Nintendo Power really piqued my interest. I'll probably pick it up at some point.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

I have the import of this sitting on my shelf collecting dust. As an action RPG, it is not a bad game. However, if you loved the original, this game will make you vomit in anger. It is so radically different in every way. If it were something else, it would not be bad, but since it is not, it is terrible.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticprime View Post
    I have the import of this sitting on my shelf collecting dust. As an action RPG, it is not a bad game. However, if you loved the original, this game will make you vomit in anger. It is so radically different in every way. If it were something else, it would not be bad, but since it is not, it is terrible.
    I'm really hoping that the changes won't bring out my Lufia fan-boy rage. I really don't know -why- they messed with something that didn't need changing, but I hope it's good nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by CofLSilk View Post
    I'm really hoping that the changes won't bring out my Lufia fan-boy rage. I really don't know -why- they messed with something that didn't need changing, but I hope it's good nonetheless.
    Because Japan thinks that action RPGs are what everyone wants, because turn-based RPGs are too old school.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

I prefer turn-based RPG's to Action RPG's (although both are my favorite gaming genres).

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticprime View Post
    This is very disappointing to hear. Looks like I will be checking out reviews before considering making a purchase.

I hope you all like Dekar with short pink hair and a white trench coat. The story, also, is almost totally different. This game is more Kingdom Hearts than Lufia II. *continues to vomit in anger*

The first time I looked at this game I was horrified, but the more I see of it the more interested I am. I'll get it eventually, after reviews and so forth.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

While it seems like this game has gotten mixed reviews, pretty much every bad review I've seen is from somebody who's raging about how it's different from the original Lufia II. While I really liked the original, I don't consider it holy, so I think I'll keep an open mind and give this a try.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minneyar View Post
    While it seems like this game has gotten mixed reviews, pretty much every bad review I've seen is from somebody who's raging about how it's different from the original Lufia II. While I really liked the original, I don't consider it holy, so I think I'll keep an open mind and give this a try.
    I'm surprised that people are surprised they remade it as an Action RPG. Hasn't neverland been making mostly Action RPGs for awhile now? Heck, I still can't believe they're responsible for Shining Force Neo.