Thread: See the Era of the Old Republic

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

See the Era of the Old Republic

The Old Republic has many mysteries. Get a glimpse of one of them in this trailer.

Holy crap.... this looks... incredible!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Sorcerous View Post
    I sense great nerdgasms in the Force.
    Yep... and I think I just had one.... where's the towel?

Seriously, it looks like it may be the first successful attempt to pull me into an MMORPG. It looks like it has the single player epicness of Bioware's titles, with the online aspect. This could be seriously bad for my social life.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

It doesn't matter to me. I have NO social life. =p

Quote Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
    It doesn't matter to me. I have NO social life. =p
    I will soon be joining you. Luckily my brother is as psyched about this as me so we'll probably play together so thats cool.

www.powerlinemag.com

This game looks nice. It's a damn shame it's an MMO. I might have been interested in getting this game were that not the case.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar
    Man this trailer sounds so much more exciting than it looks. Listen to it without watching it once and you'll think it's a cool trailer for a movie. Then give it a watch and it's just another MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sabin1001 View Post
    Man this trailer sounds so much more exciting than it looks. Listen to it without watching it once and you'll think it's a cool trailer for a movie. Then give it a watch and it's just another MMO.
    Apparently we didn't watch the same trailer. Its so obviously NOT just another MMO.

www.powerlinemag.com

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    Apparently we didn't watch the same trailer. Its so obviously NOT just another MMO.
    Well, to me, it looks like a cross between normal MMO combat and Mass Effect's dialog system. Normal MMO combat isn't terribly exciting and I absolutely hated Mass Effect's dialog system. To be honest, I thought the trailer made it look horrible, so I'm surprised to see so much positive buzz about this one.