Thread: RPGCast - Episode 144: "PAXCETRA"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 144: "PAXCETRA"

RPGCast - Episode 144: "PAXCETRA"

RPGamer was at PAX and we tell you everything we saw and loved. We also get into the week's news which seems to be dedicated to games Anna cares about. And to wrap it all up, Sarah Williams has an interview with Tony Oliver, voice director of the US voices of games like Magna Carta 2.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/144

RPGCast streams live every Saturday at 12 PM Eastern / 9 AM Pacific

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "PAXCETRA"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Pinning this for a few days since it's PAXy and we haven't had a 'cast in a coupla weeks.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    No way, Tony Oliver! I loved him as Hibiki Tokai in Vandread! He seems to be more voice directing than voice acting these days, though.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    That was a fabulous interview with Tony Oliver. He seems like a really interesting guy. Awesome job, Sarah!

As Im sure you know Valkyria Chronicles 3 is coming to PSP not ps3 but thats not why im posting

Regarding Rising Star (and you lack of knowledge of them) - they have in many ways risen (see what i did there) to be the PAL equivalent to ATLUS USA by translating niche titles to our territories. Without them us Ozzies (and Brits and others) would not have seen the likes of : No more heroes, Fragile Dreams, Half minute hero, harvest moon:tree tranquility, muramassa, little kings story, baroque or contact (amongst others)

As for rune factory 2 - i did not buy the first one locally becasue i knew the US had #2, and with reports that #2 is basically a directors cut of #1 I saw no point in getting both - and imported away. With 3 now out in japan I feel they may have missed the boat on this one. Still, happy that someone is bringing the niche titles down under (and across the sea).......

Edit: and Free Yggdra Union Offered being a US only offer also disapoints especially given the recent back-track.
    Last edited by emech; 09-16-2010 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks emech! Sounds like they are a definitely influence in the PAL territories.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    I feel for you poor PAL people, especially with the news that the 3DS may be region-locked.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

President of Soft Paws SeraphimKitten's Avatar
    Eep! I need to catch up with the podcasts. How can you keep coming out with podcasts without my expert commentary to help you along?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    I feel for you poor PAL people, especially with the news that the 3DS may be region-locked.
    Wait, WHAT?

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Reggie said the decision hadn't been finalized in an interview. Kotaku I think?

Edit: Here you go
    http://kotaku.com/5566671/nintendo-t...en-to-avoid-3d

He said the company was still determining whether games for the machine would be region-locked, so as to only play, like most console games, in systems sold in certain regions of the world. He noted that downloadable games for the DSi were the first games for Nintendo's DS line to be region-locked.

-----

Ahahahhahaha I totally just noticed Seraphim's title!

Holding a TWEWY meet in the same area as the DQ9 people sounds like a good idea, but it's NOT. You can only get 10 ESPers, Civvies, and Aliens at a time, and with that many civvies, you'd be lucky to get any ESPers at all.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    I find it hilarious that Sony's moving away from region locking (PS3 and PSP games are region free, you just need to get the cards for each region's store) and Nintendo's moving to make even locked stuff.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

I am a week behind, but there was a SaGa 1 remake, it was for cell phones though.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm