Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Disgaea Upgrades Fourth Entry

  1. #1
    Ysy St. Administrator Macstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    5,147

    Disgaea Upgrades Fourth Entry

    Disgaea is back and looks shinier than ever. Is anyone else worried at the thought of prinnies being tossed around over PSN? I am.

    Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

  2. #2
    Crazed Bullet Miser StormofSwords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United States, TN
    Posts
    944
    The graphics still look pretty bad...Why release this on PS3? As if anyone is actually going to play it online...
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.

  3. #3
    Member SiliconNooB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia.
    Posts
    6,893
    They might in Japan.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

  4. #4
    RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by StormofSwords View Post
    Why release this on PS3?
    Because the last one was on PS3 and was successful?

    Also what do you mean "bad"? The graphics look fine. If by bad you mean "not super awesome HD" then that's a misuse of the word bad! :P

  5. #5
    Member TheAnimeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Albuquerque, New mexico
    Posts
    2,303
    Actually this does look really awesomeness. Definately a WTF
    27 years of gaming and still going strong

    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

  6. #6
    Ysy St. Administrator Macstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    5,147
    Apparently this has been confirmed for a summer 2011 release in North America!
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

  7. #7
    Crazed Bullet Miser StormofSwords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United States, TN
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Because the last one was on PS3 and was successful?

    Also what do you mean "bad"? The graphics look fine. If by bad you mean "not super awesome HD" then that's a misuse of the word bad! :P
    No, they're just really bland, and kind of grainy, and not very detailed, and don't look any better than Disgaea 1 on the PS2. And the last I checked, Disgaea 3 tanked...Probably because most people didn't see the game as worth $60 dollars. Now if it released on PSP, I'd be willing to pay $40 for it, and the graphics would be excusable, at least.
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.

  8. #8
    President of Soft Paws SeraphimKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Meow?
    Posts
    217
    Yey, finally a reason to have a PS3 other than Blueray and Disgaea 3! (Partially kidding.) I was expecting a bit more in the way of a graphics upgrade after they kept having to field questions about why Disgaea 3 was on PS3 and not PS2. I'm perfectly happy with the graphics the way they are, it definitely won't deter me from purchasing the game. Even when the plot is a little too zany or the cat girls a little too scantily clad, something about the game play just keeps drawing me back in to these Disgaea games. I guess I'm just starved for Tactics-style games.

  9. #9
    複線ドリフト!! RPGamer Staff Quin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,297


    Sprite comparison between Disgaea 3 & Disgaea 4

    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    580
    Uh, yeah Stormofswords, you're just plain wrong when you say they look the same as the sprites in Disgaea1.
    thanks for reading

  11. #11
    RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by StormofSwords View Post
    No, they're just really bland, and kind of grainy, and not very detailed, and don't look any better than Disgaea 1 on the PS2. And the last I checked, Disgaea 3 tanked...Probably because most people didn't see the game as worth $60 dollars. Now if it released on PSP, I'd be willing to pay $40 for it, and the graphics would be excusable, at least.
    I have no idea where you heard that Disgaea 3 tanked, cause it did not.

    Also Disgaea 3 retailed at $50

  12. #12
    RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    Apparently this has been confirmed for a summer 2011 release in North America!
    Well I know what I'll be playing next summer!

  13. #13
    Member Confessor Rahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alameda, CA
    Posts
    6,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post


    Sprite comparison between Disgaea 3 & Disgaea 4
    Can't you SEE?!!!! They are the SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    www.powerlinemag.com

    "I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

  14. #14
    UPDATE (09/17/2010 12:00PM PT):

    NIS America has confirmed a Summer 2011 release for Disgaea 4 for North America.
    How did NIS get the ability to go back in time, and where can I obtain it XP
    Last edited by Macstorm; 09-17-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Going back in time and fixing Mac's stupid errors!
    Forsaken Muses: And then you eat the people
    Forsaken Muses: And my HP went up

  15. #15
    Ysy St. Administrator Macstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    5,147
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMouri View Post
    How did NIS get the ability to go back in time, and where can I obtain it XP
    Marty! It's your kids!
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rochelle, IL
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post


    Sprite comparison between Disgaea 3 & Disgaea 4
    Until this post, I couldn't see any visual upgrade, and I don't think improved sprite sharpness is going to make that much of a difference. That said, who cares about the graphics? It's Disgaea. Can't wait.

  17. #17
    Member lolwhoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,419
    i love me some disgaea. had lots of fun running around 3 and I expect to again in 4.

  18. #18
    Fly Away Now Descara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    426
    Mega. Love.

    The sprite difference is lovely.

    As for the Online, didn't you guys play Disgaea PSP? That had Versus and such and it worked out pretty well.
    Last edited by Descara; 09-17-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: I'm boss

  19. #19
    Member lolwhoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,419
    I just couldn't think of a reason I'd want to play online against other people. I mean, it's ridiculous in concept. Like in Disgaea 3 I had a few characters dropping 29 million hp bombs on things that disagreed with me. I don't think it would be fun to throw a bunch of that around.

  20. #20
    Member Jitawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    664
    I'd be the first to say that Disgaea has shown little evolution as a series, or graphically. Great looking sprites though, and this gen needs some good sprite games (What happened to Vanillaware anyway?).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •