Thread: RPGCast - Episode 145: "Sanders"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 145: "Sanders"

RPGCast - Episode 145: "Sanders"

Is Sony bringing back backwards compatibility? Is Sega going to get a Phantasy Star Online renaissance with a sequel that's PC only? Do we really need a fourth Disgaea game? All these questions and more on this week's show, which has 100% more British.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/145

RPGCast streams live every Saturday at 12 PM Eastern / 9 AM Pacific

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Sanders"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Oh, I forgot to mention on the show, a follow up from last week. I had two people contact me with pictures of their Killzone achievements. So my sincerest apologies, there IS indeed a cross-over demographic!

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    George Sanders? That guy was awesome in Rebecca, All About Eve, Man-Hunt, as the voice of Shere Khan, even in Village of the Damned... oh wait.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Yoshinoya- before I visited this Japanese place in Hong Kong, I haven't experienced the joy of "Beef Bowl" Sumo-size! The pickle was terrible though, I much prefer the Korean Kimchee.

I love parody and it would be great to have some MMORPG's with Pizza Box shields (Ala Lucky Star OAV) of course it would be even more brilliant if you can put your own caption underneath for eg.

KFC Bucket helm I would write the legend "Chickens died for your meal". Taco Bell spaulders with garish flame effects.

Nice quick show, a good change of pace from the 120 to 150 minutes they have been lately, not that long episodes aren't bad.

Just a few thoughts about the show though. The first, was it just me or was everyone else a little hard to hear except for Chris? About Phantasy Star, I couldn't care less about all the Phantasy Star Onlines and Portables, I just want a Phantasy Star V.

I think the comparison of Disgaea to Dragon Quest (my two favorite series, by the way) is a highly accurate one. Both series have had new features bolted onto them as the series progresses. Just compare the first Dragon Quest game from the NES days of yore to Dragon Quest VIII or IX. And yes, we could always use more Disgaea, dood.

were ya'll bein serious about LotR online cause I'd download it if a bunch of other RPGamers were there on game night.

Another game like Arms' Heart? Where it's made by the same people and given a similar name.

Xenoblade is the first thing that springs to mind.... Unless Chris was thinking of that whole Final Fantasy - the Last Story thing!

Quote Originally Posted by breaka666 View Post
    were ya'll bein serious about LotR online cause I'd download it if a bunch of other RPGamers were there on game night.
    I've got LotRO up and running but haven't started playing it yet. I'd definitely be up for some kind of RPGamer guild / game night.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silktail View Post
    Another game like Arms' Heart? Where it's made by the same people and given a similar name.

Xenoblade is the first thing that springs to mind.... Unless Chris was thinking of that whole Final Fantasy - the Last Story thing!
    I think he was thinking about Radiant History, which while supposedly unconnected to Radiata Stories, has a similar name and several developers who worked on RS working on Radiant History.

And about Black and White, if either game is played on a DSi or 3DS, you can have video chats during wifi battles. As far as I know, there are no other bonuses. Big whoop, huh?
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Yeah, Chris was definitely louder than the others. It was difficult to hear them at times. If you jacked the volume then Chris would blow your ear drum.

As far as the quick show, I actually prefer the ones that are longer, but then again I have a second job where I get to listen to podcasts the entire time so the longer the better.
    Final Night

Currently Playing: Persona 4 Golden

twitter.com/final_night

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Erdrick View Post
    Nice quick show, a good change of pace from the 120 to 150 minutes they have been lately, not that long episodes aren't bad.
    I think this is what happens when they don't spend an hour on feedback. Honestly, while having some time spent on feedback is good, I think they generally spend far too long on it.

And I agree, you can never have too much Disgaea.

We have plans to play around with some more...standardized...? formatting? We'll see how things go.

Also, in regards to LOTRO we've chosen Crickhollow, which is one of the new servers that came online a couple weeks ago. It's considered Hobbit-dominant after peeking at the LOTRO forums, though of course people are free to play any race!

Thanks for the shout out in the episode! That made my day. Finished a song and submitted it to you guys along with a video showing the source in the program with little tutorial (more like a walkthrough) tips and such. Couldn't help but finish after that motivation

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    THe long eps are fine as long as it's still got energy late in. I just miss the forum involvement from the older shows, including the forum topics.

Speaking of which, here's one for you guys to chew on.

Given the recent brouhaha over the Ninja Theory reboot of Devil May Cry, what Japanese RPG series do you think could stand for an aesthetic makeover? Me, I think Wild Arms could stand to be a lot more classical, Clint Eastwood style spaghetti western as opposed to the more anime-with-some-wild-west shtick they've always had.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Thanks for listening, everyone, although I see what people mean about the sound issue.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar
    Sorry about that, everyone. The audio has been fixed, please redownload if you'd like to listen to a better balance.