Thread: Breath of Death VII Soars in Sales

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Breath of Death VII Soars in Sales

Robert Boyd has recently shared his success story about Breath of Death VII. Did you play it? Did you love it? Well, here's some info that will make you go "le brains!," if you were cheering in the corner for this little indie developer that could.

Story.

I don't have wireless atm for my 360 so I've barely played it since it's a pain to get my system online.

Good to hear it sold well though.

Here's one more vote for wanting it on PS3.

Played it, beat it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to Cthulu on day one. I have no doubt sales for Cthulu will match or more likely surpass BoD7. They know what they're doing and are building a strong fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    Here's one more vote for wanting it on PS3.
    I'd gladly pay $2-$5 to get it as a mini so I can on my PSP. It would be perfect on a handheld.

It's highly unlikely that Breath of Death VII will ever be on the PS3 or PSP. Even assuming we decided to expand to the PSN in the distant future, by that point, Breath of Death VII would be old news and not worth porting.

However, we are planning on expanding to the PC and I can't imagine the system requirements will be very high, so you could play it that way if you don't own a 360.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

The Old Guy That's New... xaviersaint's Avatar
    Got it, loved it, want nothing more then to see the repeated Death of the last boss But otherwise, great game.
    Stay Or Shop? - Your friendly cat salesman, Secret Of Mana

Just as a follow-up report, the post-mortem I did on Breath of Death VII has had a big effect on sales in the past few days. Last week, we were selling an average of 60 copies a day. This week, on Tuesday, we sold 363 copies and on Wednesday, we sold 489. This is quite the pleasant surprise. I wrote the post-mortem for my own amusement and to help out other developers; I wasn't expecting it to get mainstream media attention or have any real effect on our sales.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Very nice!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Zeboyd Games View Post
    Just as a follow-up report, the post-mortem I did on Breath of Death VII has had a big effect on sales in the past few days. Last week, we were selling an average of 60 copies a day. This week, on Tuesday, we sold 363 copies and on Wednesday, we sold 489. This is quite the pleasant surprise. I wrote the post-mortem for my own amusement and to help out other developers; I wasn't expecting it to get mainstream media attention or have any real effect on our sales.
    I am extremely psyched for you guys!

You are soon to be releasing another similarly sytled RPG, do you guys plan on mixing up the formula for future games?

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Yeah, we're planning on mixing things up in the future, but I thought for our second game that an evolutionary rather than revolutionary approach would be best. To be honest, I don't even know if our next game will even be an RPG - among other things, I have an idea for a turn-based strategy game that I think could turn into something quite awesome with a bit of finetuning.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeboyd Games View Post
    However, we are planning on expanding to the PC and I can't imagine the system requirements will be very high, so you could play it that way if you don't own a 360.
    Excellent news!
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

I'll buy it once it comes to either PC or PS3

if it comes to PC it'd be great if it could end up on Steam or Impulse >_>