Thread: Disciples III: Renaissance - Impression

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Disciples III: Renaissance - Impression

No, you don't get to play as Leonardo DaVinci in this game, or even as Leonardo the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Instead, you play a guy on a horse who is very, very talkative and likes to beat up elves.

[Impression]

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    Oooo, are we going to back-cover the other 2?

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    I'm not sure... I think this one has more RPG elements than the others, which are closer to straight-up strategy games.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Looks... revolutionary! :/

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Reviews have been very poor for this game. Going by the impressions I'm guessing that won't change here.

New Member Member
    I loved the series and pre-ordered the game way back when. After waiting for what seem to be years finally got it. The art is as good as ever. However, the voice acting is subpar. The combat is okay, very Heroes of Might and Magicish, but the unit and abilities need a lot of rebalance. I got one ability that stun the any character and I took out an enemy capital guardian early in the game. It took 10 minutes and felt very cheesy but I did it. The hero's RPG element is underutilized and overall it is hard to differentiate one hero from the next.

Devious Dungeon Master RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    I was really disappointed with everything I read about this game after its release. The screen shots released before then really had me hyped up too! Tis a shame! Oh Well...guess it's time for more King's Bounty and HOMM.