Thread: DC Universe Won't Be Coming for the Holidays

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

DC Universe Won't Be Coming for the Holidays

Unfortunately, Superman is going to be too busy to have fun during the holidays this year. Still, if you want to hang out with him despite that, he could use your help in squashing a few pesky bugs.

[Link]

So, the million dollar question: Is anyone surprised by the delay?

And the $14.95/month question: does anyone still want to play this?
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Honestly I keep forgetting it exists. Think I developed a block over the whole super-hero MMO thing after Champions Online.
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Severin Mira View Post
    Honestly I keep forgetting it exists. Think I developed a block over the whole super-hero MMO thing after Champions Online.
    As I recall, it was supposed to be released last year in the same sort of timeframe as Champions Online. Considering that that game went bust rather quickly, I have a hard time believing that this one has any chance, especially since any hype it had died away over a year ago.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

On top of that, CoV/H is well established and touts features this one won't, at least at launch and draws essentially the same audience sans brand names.

This game is supposed to be more action orientated in a way Champions Onlines was supposed to be before the beta testing community asked for a more WoW-like combat system, plus it's supposed to have way more polish. That's the main reason for the delay really. Now I'm going on rumours here, but based on the amount of love and fanboy service this game is getting, I still suspect it will end up being the best superhero MMORPG out there.

Well, at least it sounds like it will be better...I'm just waiting for Old Republic.

Yeah lots of delay... I've been on the beta list for a while now... I'm not holding my breath on the beta actually starting anytime soon, despite what they say.