Thread: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Given European Release Date

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Given European Release Date

We at RPGamer are unfortunately obligated to make a single sun rising joke with every version of Golden Sun. With that in mind; 'Golden Sun rises over Europe'.

[NEWS]

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Hooray! Not screwed over!
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I almost want to buy a used DSL just for this but I'll wait for the 3DS. >_<

That's pretty awesome they will be including the GS encyclopedia. I beat the first two several times, but for those that haven't that's pretty cool!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Is it weird that the thing I'm most curious about this game is whether the map will wrap around and resemble Earth?

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungyin View Post
    Is it weird that the thing I'm most curious about this game is whether the map will wrap around and resemble Earth?
    It won't.

Golden Sun's world is quite literally flat. In GS2, you can actually sail to the edges of the world, where it starts crumbling into oblivion.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    It won't.

Golden Sun's world is quite literally flat. In GS2, you can actually sail to the edges of the world, where it starts crumbling into oblivion.
    Wait... Earth isn't flat?!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

I actually started playing Golden Sun for the first time when I heard about this game. I only have two questions:

1) Why the heck did I wait so long to play this amazing series?!
    2) Will the next one be as good?

Assuming that answer #2 is yes, this is a day one purchase

EDIT: I come back after a few month's absence, and I get my 500th post! (mini-celebration)

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    It won't.

True, but the layout of the world was clearly based on Pangaea, even the name of the continent Gondowan was originally "ゴンドワナ", the Japanese spelling of Gondwana. Considering the restoration of the lighthouses was meant to stop the stagnation/decay of the world, I wondered if that meant the world would gradually become like the Earth a la Illusion of Gaia, at least in shape.