Thread: Alundra and Arc the Lad On PSN Today

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Alundra and Arc the Lad On PSN Today

Didn't get the chance to play these Working Design classics when they were originally released? Well, Gaijinworks and MonkeyPaw are spreading the love with two classic RPGs on PSN.

Story.

It's great to see these two classics making it to a broader audience, particularly Alundra. Although, with the way the ATL series went, its also cool to see more players enjoy the series how it should be, rather than how it ended up (End of Darkness anyone?).

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    I hope they get ATL2 up there in the near future as well, isn't the first one basically an appetizer for the sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    I hope they get ATL2 up there in the near future as well, isn't the first one basically an appetizer for the sequel?
    Indeed, it is insanely short, but you really can't play one without the other, unlike ATL3

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

This makes me so incredibly happy, especially if Arc the Lad Arena does come, along with some sort of ad hoc (for PSP) or network play. I loved ATL 1 and 2, and that arena is one of my favorite additions to a game ever.

Never got into Arena much, I booted the disc up once or twice I think, can hardly remember what it was like. It would be cool to see the whole series on the network, which is likely given the first needs the second.

www.powerlinemag.com

Arc The Lad 2 is scheduled to be released next month, and Arc Arena has been rated by the ESRB, so it's probably coming soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    Never got into Arena much, I booted the disc up once or twice I think, can hardly remember what it was like. It would be cool to see the whole series on the network, which is likely given the first needs the second.
    They put up Suikoden but not Suikoden 2.

And that makes me a real sad panda, as someone stole my copy of Suikoden II years ago, and I refuse to pay the Ebay/Amazon prices for it.
    Maybe some day :/

I have longed to play suikoden 2, as a lot of people i know talk highly of it, but I never wanted to pay the price of admission...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410060

More Arc the Lad games incoming? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by nim22ama View Post
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410060

More Arc the Lad games incoming? Probably.
    Nice! Along with Vandal Hearts, this is a series i'd love to see continue. I doubt it will happen (Flames of Judgement sales figures anyone?) but you never know.

www.powerlinemag.com

Nice, I never got to play Alundra.

And I may get the Arc the Lad game(s?) just to have them for the PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious View Post
    Nice, I never got to play Alundra.

And I may get the Arc the Lad game(s?) just to have them for the PSP.
    Meh, portable Arc the Lad? No reason to bother with that.

www.powerlinemag.com

I never got to play Alundra OR Arc the Lad. Things are really beginning to look up. Hey, maybe they can get some of the other WD stuff as well, like Cosmic Fantasy 2, Lunar EB Complete, Lunar: SSS Complete (Although just hand me the PSP version and I'll be just fine! Although I DO miss the ORIGINAL soundtracks that WD painstakingly to procure for us. Why couldn't XSEED get those?), Magic Knight Rayearth, RayStorm... you know the REALLY GOOD stuff? Some are TG16 and Saturn games there, but that's my point. If XSEED or someone else would remake some of THOSE, I'd really enjoy playing them. PSN needs more WD games to their library. They should've just re-released the Arc the Lad Collection instead of giving them one at a time. But that's just me.

Yes, I agree... when I saw Flames of Judgment, I really liked the idea, but when I actually saw it, the flame really went down to a "What the heck is this?" mode. Vandal Hearts and VH 2 BOTH need to be added to PSN. And they also couldn't do wrong in my book if they also made a REAL sequel this time, only with more anime cutscenes and artwork. The characters in Flames of Judgment were freaking stupid Avatars... no one likes to play with Avatars! We want REAL games!!

Hmmm... check Blockbuster. Sometimes they STILL have some PS titles. You might find one copy there. It'd probably be used, but at least then you wouldn't have to pay top dollar on eBay for it.

Does anyone know if this game is any good? I might want to purchase it if someone can give me some more information about the game. I am almost for certain a classmate told me this game was worth playing, at least how ever many years ago that was. Is it still relevant as a game today with everything else that's out there?

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsyJ View Post
    Does anyone know if this game is any good? I might want to purchase it if someone can give me some more information about the game. I am almost for certain a classmate told me this game was worth playing, at least how ever many years ago that was. Is it still relevant as a game today with everything else that's out there?
    Which one? There's two games. Alundra is a fantastic Zelda style RPG, with great 2D graphics that is well worth the $5.99. Arc the Lad is more of a warm up for the much meatier Arc the Lad 2, but worth checking out anyway.

Also Arc the Lad is a Strategy RPG like Growlancer and FFT. Oh and please Reion use the edit button.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.