Thread: Fight With a Friend in Hunted: The Demon's Forge Trailer

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Fight With a Friend in Hunted: The Demon's Forge Trailer

So, is it "awesome" or "sexy" to be able to cast a magic tether that connects you and your co-op partner, damaging evey bad guy it touches? It likely depends on who that co-op partner is.

[Story]

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

lol, old school dungeons crawlers "re-imagined" as fantasy Gears of War. I'm sure Wizardry fans will be lining up for this one.

It actually looks like it might be kind of cool. I'm not sure why InXile is intent on going after a demographic that will hate the game on principal; they made the same mistake with The Bard's Tale reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris View Post
    I'm not sure why InXile is intent on going after a demographic that will hate the game on principal; they made the same mistake with The Bard's Tale reboot.
    Hey, I resemble that remark (about TBT reboot, anyway).

I haven't played it, I only know that most fans of the original series hated it because it was a 3D hack n' slash instead of a first person dungeon crawler.

Yeah, I refused to play it because I'm a gigantic fan of the original series (it was my first RPG series), and I'm also not generally a fan of the type of humour the reboot used.

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    Becky, you my friend. will you hunt monsters with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Sorcerous View Post
    Becky, you my friend. will you hunt monsters with me?
    Only if you think the tether is "awesome", Fowl.

I want to want to play this game, but as with anything entrenched in 2 player co-op, how good is the AI going to be if I don't have a buddy to play with me?

Although I prefer PC in general I think this is going to be a much better experience on consoles where I can splitscreen with a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocrypha View Post
    I want to want to play this game, but as with anything entrenched in 2 player co-op, how good is the AI going to be if I don't have a buddy to play with me?

Although I prefer PC in general I think this is going to be a much better experience on consoles where I can splitscreen with a friend.
    Unfortunately, the game will not have splitscreen. It will be online co-op only (and yes, that limits its customer base... it's a big reason why I'm unlikely to buy it.) It has, however, been confirmed that it's possible to play single player with an AI partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Unfortunately, the game will not have splitscreen. It will be online co-op only (and yes, that limits its customer base... it's a big reason why I'm unlikely to buy it.) It has, however, been confirmed that it's possible to play single player with an AI partner.
    Really? I dont understand why companies make games with only online co-op. Its so... backwards in my opinion. Part of the appeal of co-op as a whole is playing with somebody you know who is right next to you... or at least, part of its appeal to me, anyway.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister

Wow, hmm. Rethinking this purchase then. I'll probably get it for PC if at all? I have a considerably larger friend base on PC of people I might be able to play it with.

I guess I'll see closer to when it comes out but that's a huge deal breaker.

Really? I dont understand why companies make games with only online co-op. Its so... backwards in my opinion. Part of the appeal of co-op as a whole is playing with somebody you know who is right next to you... or at least, part of its appeal to me, anyway.
    Depends, for something like 2 player co-op I agree wholeheartedly. Once it starts getting closer to 4 players it's debatable depending on the game. Something like Serious Sam where you get 8-16 player co-op that's kind of out of the question. I'm looking at you Playstation multitaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Elementol View Post
    I would assume its simply easier to make online play then tweak the graphics for co-op play. I would think though that its in their best interest to add split screen coop since it would appeal to more people and therefore sell more units. Makes sense to me at least. I say, just because Xbox live has Mic support and party options, doesn't replace the fun factor of your friend next to you while playing!
    Last edited by gdawgtuk; 10-14-2010 at 01:59 PM.

Depends, for something like 2 player co-op I agree wholeheartedly. Once it starts getting closer to 4 players it's debatable depending on the game. Something like Serious Sam where you get 8-16 player co-op that's kind of out of the question. I'm looking at you Playstation multitaps!
    When it gets to that amount of ppl playing together, then yeah it makes sense to make it online... but when its only two people, all co-op games should have the ability to do split screen.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister