Thread: RPGCast - Episode 150: "Blanca?"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 150: "Blanca?"

RPGCast - Episode 150: "Blanca?"

This week we have an update on the Extra Life totals, a recommendation for scary RPGs to play, and some news from Blizzcon. Then we go spend some quid at Game.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/150

RPGCast streams live every Saturday at 12 PM Eastern / 9 AM Pacific

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Blanca?"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Shouldn't this be S05?

Oh, never mind. i was thrown off because the previous episode was posted on the 18th.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind it a couple hours later as I'm doomed to always miss the live one due to darn sport Then again it does make work go much faster if I have to catch up on Monday ^^

Game Dev Story is insanely addictive and completely worth 2.39 (or whatever that is in $), has anyone actually created a console on it?
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Game Dev Story is awesome. Picked it up on Friday. Completely consumed my weekend. My wife who works in the industry was watching me play and said, "why does the bug count only go down when you are debugging. Epic fail!"
    Last edited by Savorien; 10-25-2010 at 10:35 AM.

I first heard about Game Dev Story through the Indie Game Blog (worksafe link: http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2010/..._dev_stor.html ), and purchased it a while later. Unfortunately, right around then my main PC started to work much slower than before, even after using several security programs... But thankfully, since I'd already paid for the download on iTunes, I was able to re-download it with another computer without having to pay again.

Odd. I don't use that messaging stuff often but I've never had to phone in to retrieve them or had others tell me they had to before. Maybe because it's not a cell phone line? Well I'll know better for next time. Congrats on your guys success with Extra Life.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass

I can't think of any recent horror, nor Halloween games to recommend. I want to say Eternal Darkness for entertainment , but that's really old now.

I was planing to do any special for Halloween either, it doesn't seem quite as big a deal round here.

I was considering doing a Resident Evil mini marathon of sorts for Hallween. We'll see. It's not like it hasn't been done before or anything.

Geez, I havent Replied to one of these in a while.Not since one broke my MP3 player I think. ANYWAY, Chris, on the subject of your confusion over Shadow Hearts silliness, Shadow hearts: From The New World is the one you are thinking of, that takes place in alternate reality prohibition era America, and has characters such As a Mariachi who plays songs that turn his guitar into a flamethrower and a missile launcher, lady vampire/magical girl who turns into a , er, curvy or skinny version of herself based on the calories in the blood she drinks, German Ninjas who turn random objects such as cactus's into swords by sticking sword handles on them, and giant talking cats that practice Drunken boxing, complete with booze.
    So yeah, it still features the grotesque and frightening monster enemies, but the rest of the atmosphere detracts from the scare factor.

As for Scary RPG's im Not sure what to say. SMT games possibly? Maybe Demon Souls? At least there is a very Real fear your going to get your butt kicked in that.
    ive got candy