Thread: Two Worlds II Presents Extreme Orc on Human Action

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Two Worlds II Presents Extreme Orc on Human Action

Who doesn't like a big battle full of dudes in heavy armor and big ugly monsters? This Two Worlds II trailer has all of that, plus the literal bird's eye view of the landscape that seems obligatory in fantasy games these days.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I'm going to pick this up, I just don't know if I'll do it day one or not. We get it November 9 over here, but there are other games I want. They should have tried to pick a better release date.

Yeah, I imagine there's a reason they delayed the North American release, there are just so many games coming out this fall.

I hope they fixed all of the problems the first one had. It may be an Oblivion rip-off, but with no ES5 in sight, it's the next best thing.

Well, the previews so far have been more positive on Two Worlds II than the first game, so we'll see!

Original? Nope. Epic? Hell yes.

What a TERRIBLE voice on the trailer. Just awful.

I hope this is a step up from the last game. Good ideas, piss poor execution.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

I've been following this game all year. I've watched and read all the previews, and I simply can't wait. After you see the gameplay, you can't possibly not be excited. The combat and magic systems are incredible, and the graphics and physics are top-notch. I got so excited I became the starting member of a guild my friend started for the PS3. If your interested, check it out here:
    http://blood-guild.webs.com/

But yeah. I actually ended up importing from Europe because I couldn't bear the wait. Cannot wait til this gets released.

^Ummm.......

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Interesting footnote, the developers sent out a brochure to Gamestop managers about this game. The material is basically a massive, ".. yeah, Two Worlds I sucked, we know, but trust us - we realize that, and this one will totally be better" sort of thing. I guess the idea being that enough people were soured on the original that they'd like to hopefully convince people responsible for recommending preorders to at least suggest it.

For my part the original is one of the few "new" games I ever irately returned. The game crashed constantly, and entire city textures would vanish or be replaced with pink blobs. Painful stuff.

Monster Lover
    Congrats to you, Jitawa, for ever even making it to the city's. I was never able to get through the first tutorial dungeon without the game either crashing on me, or tossing giant yellow polygons all over the place.

The game is actually hyped here in Europe, I just hope we won't be burned. Everything I have seen so far looks promising. The magic system is the most interesting part of the game. It is supposed to have more spell combinations than TES4.

Can anyone tell me what happened at the end of the video? Did the onlooker at the top of the cliff somehow produce a magical "spike thorn" that sprouted out of the ground and impaled the orc? Who was the guy in the armour, as well?

I don`t understand when if the original bombed badly, why they choose to make a new game as a sequel. Wouldn`t it be better to have a different name without referring to sucky game number one?

I do wonder if that made people stay away from sequels (another example, Magna Carta 2 - the second game was much much better than the original, wasn`t a direct sequel yet people were afraid to try it because of their experience with the first one).

Quote Originally Posted by Liberi Fatali View Post
    Can anyone tell me what happened at the end of the video? Did the onlooker at the top of the cliff somehow produce a magical "spike thorn" that sprouted out of the ground and impaled the orc? Who was the guy in the armour, as well?
    I think the onlooker did cause the thorns, yes, but it was hard to say. The guy in the armor was Sordahon, second-in-command to the Dark Lord Gandohar (who I'm almost positive was the onlooker on the cliff).

Quote Originally Posted by Aurian View Post
    I don`t understand when if the original bombed badly, why they choose to make a new game as a sequel. Wouldn`t it be better to have a different name without referring to sucky game number one?

I do wonder if that made people stay away from sequels (another example, Magna Carta 2 - the second game was much much better than the original, wasn`t a direct sequel yet people were afraid to try it because of their experience with the first one).
    It seems like they want to use the same world/mythology/characters in this game, so naturally they made it a sequel. It seems like the main problems with the original game were technical rather than story-related (admittedly, I never played it,) and not having to make a new world up from scratch hopefully gave the dev team more time to focus on fixing the issues and making a better game.

I pre-ordered it earlier today.

PS3 version might be cancelled because the publisher and Sony are in the middle of a dispute, that's great becuase I totally don't want this game, I don't have it pre-ordered and I am not angry.