Thread: Yomigaeru - Japandemonium for October 29th, 2010

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar

Yomigaeru - Japandemonium for October 29th, 2010

It may not be perfect, but it's there.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Hee! Edo of the Living Dead looks like the Japanese version of Evil Dead: The Musical. Awesome.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

hmmmm punishment.....you're a bad girl aren't you? yeah you're bad. you know what bad girls get, don't you? yeah....bad....

i'm seriously wondering what the game is like other than a little bit of fetish play. I wonder if it would actually end up being a good rpg lol.

Almost forgot, but we've just passed my third anniversary here as JP columnist.

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    Happy anniversary~

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Happy Anniversary, Gaijin.

I think I said something simialr to this the last time Criminal Girls was featuered, but if I did I'll say it again anyway: As much as I liked Imageepoch's previous games, this is one I think I'll pass up :P
    "Life will be a very great deal less weird without you!"

"Do you know I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me?

If Criminal Girls comes out over here without any of the content edited I'll be surprised. I could see NIS America doing so in the hopes that some nonsense busybody group gets wind of it and starts bitching about the title. They'd probably welcome the additional attention made to the game as it could potentially boost sales. It could also end up hurting the game's chances commercially.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

On the other hand, it's a very niche-y title without a big name to back it. The amount of attention they could get might possibly outweigh the negative side significantly.

i know i'd buy it, if only for the sheer niche appeal. i don't think i ever punished my way to the top in an rpg. hell, what games actively entice the player to spank a heroine?

Quote Originally Posted by lolwhoops View Post
    hell, what games actively entice the player to spank a heroine?
    I recall this other "punishing game" that was for the DS. There was even a vibrating stylus for turbo spanking. Ah yes, Kimo Kawa E!.

Happy 3rd, Gaijin.
    You were gone for a while.
    You were missed.
    BTW, Did you buy/play Neptune yet?

When Criminal Girls came up before I was sure that they must be following a 7 Deadly Sins theme and it looks like the other character details does allow it fit that still.

The Heresay girl had me doubting it, but if it's a deadly sin then Envy is the one unaccounted for. I guess that in some ways a sin based on perception, which might match her description.

Slayer: Yes, I have it. No, I haven't had any time alone with my PS3 in two MONTHS, so my impression's withered on the vine. I shall be starting up again week after next, most likely.

silktail: I think they nixed Envy because it's so tricky to differentiate it from Greed. I know the difference (hooray for Catholic education!) but I doubt the average Japanese gamer in their target demographic would care much.