Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlus Shares Persona 2: Innocent Sin Opening

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Atlus Shares Persona 2: Innocent Sin Opening

Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, waaaaaaaaah... oh wait, wrong game. Persona 2: Innocent Sin PSP is the new delight for Persona fans, and Atlus has been awesome enough to share the game's new opening. Tatsuya, you're still a babe.

Story.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    If you hadn't been such a huge help to the news department this week, I'd be giving you demerits for the Bieber blurb. Arrrrrgh, now it's stuck in my HEEEAD.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Saw this coming a mile off. I m confident there will be a US release. Next comes Person 4 portable, and then Persona 5 on the PSP. I see where this is going.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    Yes!!! The day of prophesy is at hand! P2 will see a us release as foretold long ago. Repent now ye sinners!
    sup?

Quote Originally Posted by Maudren View Post
    Yes!!! The day of prophesy is at hand! P2 will see a us release as foretold long ago. Repent now ye sinners!
    I thought we already had this game on the ps1.... me losing my mind in my old age.

Oh now I see.... we got eternal punishment... so where does this fit in, with regards to that game?
    Last edited by scorpio; 10-29-2010 at 08:46 PM.

This is the first half of the story, Eternal Punishment was the second.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    Saw this coming a mile off. I m confident there will be a US release. Next comes Person 4 portable, and then Persona 5 on the PSP. I see where this is going.
    So where would that leave the 3DS Persona that is apparently slated?
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Monster Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconNooB View Post
    This is the first half of the story, Eternal Punishment was the second.
    Story wise, Innocent Sin happens before Eternal Punishment, but it DOES NOT have any effect on the main Megami Tensei Persona timeline due to... plot reasons that I shan't spoil.
    The general Persona timeline ties in with other Megami Tensei games and goes something like this:

1. Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army
    2. Devil Summoenr: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon
    3. Shin Megami Tensei if...
    4 & 5. Devil Summoner and Persona 1 happen at about the same time.
    6a. Persona 2: Innocent Sin
    6b. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment is a 'sequal' to Innocent Sin, but no story continues from Innocent Sin. All the rest of the games follow the plot of Eternal Punishment.
    7. Persona 3
    8. Persona 4
    9. Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

Shin Megami Tensei II also has a loose connection to this Timeline (through a returning character). But adding that game in makes the rest of it go to hell, because that would connect Shin Megami Tensei 1 and IMAGINE to the timeline and the events of THOSE games contradicts the Devil Summoner and Persona games.

Generally, you're better off not worrying too much about continuity when playing Megami Tensei games. I'm just very banal. o.O

Unnecessary info dump is unnecessary.
    Last edited by FudorahZubat; 10-29-2010 at 11:54 PM.

I don't know that it is really all that important to be able to place the broader SMT franchise in a timeline, just the direct sequels.

Eternal Punishment begins with a lot of tertiary events (and character relationships) in motion, players would definitely benefit from playing them sequentially, though like the Digital Devil Saga games you can probably pick up most of the essentials contextually.
    Last edited by SiliconNooB; 10-29-2010 at 10:45 PM.

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    Not gonna lie, I like the original music from the original intro more than the new one.

The new one's intro seems to be of the style of p3 and p4, adding in rap and stuff.
    sup?

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    I really hope not. P5 would be a great selling game on PS3. Putting it on the PSP damns it to below-average sales outside of Japan.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

i'm going to have to agree with the chief on this one. Given the reception of 3 and 4 I imagine there will be plenty of eyes out for the next entry. I think sales will suffer if they don't release to console(s),

I really hope not. P5 would be a great selling game on 360. Putting it on the PSP damns it to below-average sales.
    Hmm...Fixed?

Monster Lover
    I can't agree with Paws. The only MegaTen game I can think of that was on either version of the Xbox was NINE on the original console, and that was a huge disaster. If 5 gets a home console release it will be, more than likely, on the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    Hmm...Fixed?
    360? Not likely.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Quote Originally Posted by Maudren View Post
    Not gonna lie, I like the original music from the original intro more than the new one.

The new one's intro seems to be of the style of p3 and p4, adding in rap and stuff.
    Apart from the rap (which is just awful) I am of the opposite opinion, vocal > instrumental. But then again my opinion is kinda biased because of my weakness for gorgeously animated intros that fits well with the music they are illustrated to. The old one strikes me as a little too solemn for my taste but perhaps that is a better fit for the game? I wouldn't know since I haven't played this nor Eternal Punishment.

Given that they're releasing Catherine on the 360 and how big Persona and SMT became in the west, it's highly unlikely they won't release main line SMT and Persona games on the 360.

Monster Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
    Given that they're releasing Catherine on the 360 and how big Persona and SMT became in the west, it's highly unlikely they won't release main line SMT and Persona games on the 360.
    That's true, I'd almost forgotten about Catherine. But whatever concerns people might have about about Persona 2 coming West would be quadrupled for Catherine. It doesn't just have risque material on the side, it's all ABOUT the risque material. I mean, what kind of rating would the ESRB give to it? It's treading pretty close to an AO rating by some standards.

And with Catherine on the 360 they might also try to spread the series out over several consoles, with some games on Xbox and others on PS3.

Although, now that I'm thinking about it, what's to stop a future MegaTen from being on the Wii?

Quote Originally Posted by FudorahZubat View Post
    I can't agree with Paws. The only MegaTen game I can think of that was on either version of the Xbox was NINE on the original console, and that was a huge disaster. If 5 gets a home console release it will be, more than likely, on the PS3.
    How does that even compare? NINE suffered from a hell lot more problems than being released on an unpopular platform, the main one being that it was an online game without online support. It was also released quite early in the consoles life-cycle and didn't caught a inital big audience which is pretty essential. I can only imagine how many owned the Xbox back in late 2002 but since the sales ended in just about under 0.5 million I doubt it was that many. Xbox also didn't have any substantial support from other japanese 3rd party developers which led to a different type of gamers was drawn to the console (those who like western games I imagine).

The sales of the 360 are on a steady rise in Japan and there are plenty of upcoming exclusives that will draw in more buyers. Not to mention that the 360s sales are better overall worldwide than PS3 so there are plenty of interested customers on the 360 outside of Japan, I'm one of them and the longer I can stall buying a PS3 the better. I also don't see why they couldn't develop Persona 5 for both 360 and PS3 since they are already doing it for Catherine.

My prediction is that any HD SMT game will be on both platforms since they went to the trouble of creating a multiplatform engine, provided of course that the series sells well enough on both platforms. In fact it is possible that the Persona team decided to to develop the smaller scale Catherine in order to see whether a Persona style game can sell on the 360, before moving on to the larger scale commitment of Persona 5.