Thread: Aksys Announces Record of Agarest War Zero for the US

Aksys Announces Record of Agarest War Zero for the US

Honey, I know you're trying to impress me, but could you please put on some more clothes? We're trying to save the world here.

[NEWS]

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Having seen a bunch of screens for the game some time back, suffice to say it's a lot more risque than it's chronological sequel ever was.

Hmmm... I guess the previous entry must have done well enough to warrant this one being released. Odd.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    Hmmm... I guess the previous entry must have done well enough to warrant this one being released. Odd.
    Agarest War solid amazingly well, actually. If I'm not mistaken, they sold over 80,000 of the Xbox 360 version alone. While I'm not a fan of the game, I'm happy Aksys has found an RPG series that seems to have an audience.

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Shame the Agarest publisher in Europe doesn't release games on the 360 so won't be able to at least glance at it curiously unless I get a PS3 (assuming the same one picks up this). But yay for anything being localized.
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I hope the Auto Battle works better in the prequel. It was sorta busted for the Agarest and resulted in allies overkilling random mobs for insane amounts and taking like 4 turns to win a 1-2 turn battle.
    Also is there an anime or something for this series, or is it just coincidence? I remember when i first heard the name expecting to see Parn and Deedlit in another land.
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
    -Hemingway

No anime that I'm aware of.

New Member Member
    I wish they would stop with the sexually charged ads. It's practically false advertisement considering there is only a few verbally suggestive scenes and graphically, I've seen racier stuff on cable TV.

Sex sells.

Maybe I should've waited to pick up the prequel first before settling on the first game? Hmmm, well, I will be checking it out. It will be interesting to see how much stays the same and how much changed between the two games. Since this one will be leading into the first game, is it safe to say that the game hasn't changed that much? 2 seems to be the overhaul in the series where it has gotten... even more risque than the first one. But if they can tone down the 2nd's illicit behavior a little bit, it might be able to keep a Teen rating... but from the videos they have online, they might have to tone it down A LOT for it not to get a Mature rating this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I hope the Auto Battle works better in the prequel. It was sorta busted for the Agarest and resulted in allies overkilling random mobs for insane amounts and taking like 4 turns to win a 1-2 turn battle.
    Also is there an anime or something for this series, or is it just coincidence? I remember when i first heard the name expecting to see Parn and Deedlit in another land.
    Heh, I don't think Deedlit would be popping in there anytime soon... it does make one wonder though if there isn't an anime... I mean if Queen's Blade could have one, it's safe to assume that Agarest Wars does too. Although I could be wrong. This one could be REALLY interesting. The artwork would be really good though, and for the most part it does share a lot in common with most anime of this sort. There's an ancient evil and several people need to fight it off. I think it might be a great series in the vein of Record of Lodoss War... and maybe a tad Tenchi Muyo in there for good measure. ~_^ Yeah... this could work!

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Also is there an anime or something for this series, or is it just coincidence?
    The original title was Agarest Senki. Record of Lodoss War's original title was Lodoss Senki. Unsurprisingly, "senki" translates to "war record/chronicle/history/story/etc." So asking if this was a coincidence is kind of like asking if A Knight's Tale and A Witch's Tale was a coincidence. Sorry, but seeing things like that kinda irks me, like when some people were wondering if there was a connection between Chrono Crusade and Chrono Trigger a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungyin View Post
    The original title was Agarest Senki. Record of Lodoss War's original title was Lodoss Senki. Unsurprisingly, "senki" translates to "war record/chronicle/history/story/etc." So asking if this was a coincidence is kind of like asking if A Knight's Tale and A Witch's Tale was a coincidence. Sorry, but seeing things like that kinda irks me, like when some people were wondering if there was a connection between Chrono Crusade and Chrono Trigger a while back.
    Record of ---- War seems a lot more specific than ----Tale to me and i really had no clue if they were connected in any way, which is why i asked the question.
    But you answered it. So thanks...i guess?
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
    -Hemingway

Just learned from an article on Destructoid that the PS3 version of Agarest War *2* will include Playstation Move support for "...bathhouse and massage mini games..." For better or worse, I don't expect that these features can be fitted into Agarest War *Zero*.