Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPGCast - Episode 153: "Happy Fun Time Super Exciting"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 153: "Happy Fun Time Super Exciting"

RPGCast - Episode 153: "Happy Fun Time Super Exciting"

It's a slow news week so we have to resort to Playstation Home to bring us some entertainment. But don't worry, Glenn comes on one hour in, so make sure to fast forward to that part.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/153

RPGCast streams live every Saturday at 12 PM Eastern / 9 AM Pacific

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Happy Fun Time Super Exciting"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

If you're short on ideas for future podcasts, then here's a question to ask: What are you thankful for this year?

(I'm currently thankful for freeware and pay-to-download games that take risks, and which cost less than full retail games. I'm also thankful for fan translations that get released, as they are rare gems. And I'm thankful for non-trivial things like employment and health...)

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Since I'm a podcast irregular, I'll tell you right now I'm thankful for all the great western RPGs that have come out this year. The most gaming fun I had this year was with Mass Effect 2, Alpha Protocol, and New Vegas. And I'm thankful the next Dragon Age is coming out so soon. It'll be an unusually loaded 14-ish month period for people like me who enjoy this genre.

Outside of that, I'm thankful for Nier. It's the most memorable game I played this year next to New Vegas.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

Fear Effect 2 was the game Manny was thinking of, With the lesbians in it. Might be worth mentioning it was more then just implied as well.

...If I keep knowing this stuff people are going to start getting ideas about me.
    ive got candy

*peers curiously at Maddness*

STOP JUDGING ME! >_<

Oh, While Im thinking about Chris, as to why the last thread got so smutty... you have to think that what you decided to put as the title might have had a little to do with it.
    ive got candy

Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff noodle's Avatar
    that's just MADNESS. MADNESS i say.

I'm not judging D:

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    that's just MADNESS. MADNESS i say.
    No, thats MADDNESS. Two D's
    ive got candy

Next time it is a slow news week, just have Noodle read the dictionary or something. I know I'll listen Right, now I have sounded very creepy I'll slink back to New Vegas.

The part about Glenn in the episode description reminded me of something: you should consider giving timestamps for all your segments. I'd be more likely to listen every week if could just skip precisely to the segments I'm actually interested in. Once 1UP's RPG podcast started doing this I started listening to it pretty much every episode instead of whenever I could be bothered.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    7th, if your looking for some fun PS3 games, Yakuza 3 was a lot of fun. I also liked Atelier Rorona (which I KNOW you've played Annie!). Those are two exclusives I enjoyed. Also what about 3D Dot Game Heroes?

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Action RPGs have appealed to me less and less over the years. If want I to play an action game, I've found that real, non-RPG action games tend to be much more polished and fun. Sometimes I think games like 3D Dot Game Heroes and Fable 3 call themselves RPGs just so they won't be compared to the likes of Assassin's Creed 2 and Arkham Asylum. At heart, all four of those games are very, very similar and I think of them as being in the same genre because they feel like the same genre to me. So when I need to scratch an action game itch, I turn to the best that's out there and would be much more likely to play Uncharted 2, Prince of Persia, or God of War on the PS3 then 3D Dot Game Heroes.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

RPGCast Lurker
    Hey, Glenn. I have to advocate Atelier Rorona as well, I'm really enjoying it right now. And maybe you should pick up Cross Edge while you're at it. Muhahahahaha. But seriously though, get Rorona.

I haven't listened to the podcast and don't know what's being talked about other than PS3 RPGs, but DEMON'S SOULS is awesome!
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris View Post
    The part about Glenn in the episode description reminded me of something: you should consider giving timestamps for all your segments. I'd be more likely to listen every week if could just skip precisely to the segments I'm actually interested in. Once 1UP's RPG podcast started doing this I started listening to it pretty much every episode instead of whenever I could be bothered.
    1h37m - Quin swears in British again, providing endless amusment for noodle.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
    Next time it is a slow news week, just have Noodle read the dictionary or something. I know I'll listen Right, now I have sounded very creepy I'll slink back to New Vegas.

well. i guess i would say the same to quin.

Dear RPGCast. I think the Feedback section is the weakest part of the cast and am glad that there wasn't much of it this week.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

well, from what we've learned so far, glenn needs to be on all the time, i should read the dictionary instead of news, and quin just needs to swear a lot in british.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    well, from what we've learned so far, glenn needs to be on all the time, i should read the dictionary instead of news, and quin just needs to swear a lot in british.
    That would be enough for me. Heck, Chris wouldn't even have to create a show outline.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm