Thread: RPGamers to Get Lost in The Hermuda Triangle

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

RPGamers to Get Lost in The Hermuda Triangle

Ever been to the Hermuda Triangle? It's a place where certain RPGs seem to get rereleased only a year after we last saw them. Once you go in, you'll never come out... until it's time for waffles.

Story.

I had fun with this game on the PS2. But, I don't think I could do it again.

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    Hmm. I didn't have any luck settling down and playing this on the PS2 or Wii. Wonder if the PSP would be a better fit.

i wonder why this game is being released again? i didn't think it was popular enough and the game and characters haven't made me want to revisit it since i beat it years ago.

In other words: what's the deal, yo?

This is yet another port? From the email they sent me, I thought it was a new game. Bleh.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    I was about to say, I remember people not really liking this game. Doesn't strike me as the sort of timeless classic that deserves remake after remake.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

I don't know about the general reception, but the original PS2 version got good review scores (over 80% average on gamerankings) with a 4/5 score on RPGamer.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    It's a good title, but it gets labeled as "Oh yeah, another one of those NISA games" around here.

I very much enjoyed this when it came out on the PS2, but I played it to death already. Don't have the time to do it all over again, not with the backlog I've got waiting for me.

Now if it was Makai Kingdom, I'd be all over that. I for some reason didn't make it very far in that, and stupidly traded in my copy. I know I can still get it for PS2, but PSP would be a better fit for me these days.

I hated the gameplay of Phantom Brave but the music and the characters made up for it. I certainly wouldn't play it again though.