Thread: The Witcher 2 Gets a Release Date

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

The Witcher 2 Gets a Release Date

The Witcher 2 will be arriving next May. Cue the angelic choir, hallelujah, hallelujah.

And welcome to Rosestorm, our second new newsie, who wrote this as his first story!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I have been very impressed by the things I have seen so far and it looks like it will deliver. Hopefully good enough to be my RPGOTY 2011.

Oh, and welcome Rosestorm. You could have gotten a worse start. 

New Member Member
    sweeeeeeeeeet, I saw the game's demo for section on the ancient battlefield and I was hooked.

I'm looking forward to this game. I just hope I like the battles better than in the original.

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Hooray, hopefully this will get a console release at some point as my pc is frankly useless for gaming (with one or two exceptions).

And welcome Rosestorm
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

They have been hinting at a console release, but that would release at a later date. Remember that the first was planned to be released on consoles aslo, but it got canned.

The Witcher 2 will be available on GoG.com, DRM free. Sounds good to me if I don't buy a physical version of the game.
    DRM free TW2
    Last edited by Nim; 11-18-2010 at 06:07 AM.

We may find out more this (Euro) evening when the official press conference happens. Stay tuned!

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nim22ama View Post
    The Witcher 2 will be available on GoG.com, DRM free. Sounds good to me if I don't buy a physical version of the game.
    DRM free TW2
    They're taking pre-orders as well now. Better deal than the Steam version (artbook and 1 free GOG game from a pool of 5 RPGS, plus DRM free), although I'm surprised they aren't throwing in a copy of the original game with the purchase as well.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

I wouldn't bet on a console release. In an interview with the developer, the guy said something along the lines of "we don't believe a console can handle our game" which was just a nice way of saying "Dilute our epic graphics? Never! Consoles SUCK!"

Maybe Atari can change their minds, but Atari doesn't seem to have the kind of authority other publishers do.

Collector's Edition and Premium Edition news up on the official site.

Pre-ordered on GoG.com. Great deal: Gothic 2 Gold for free and a $16 credit on their site. This deal is for Europeans only.

Quote Originally Posted by nim22ama View Post
    Pre-ordered on GoG.com. Great deal: Gothic 2 Gold for free and a $16 credit on their site. This deal is for Europeans only.
    The $16 anyways; that's just to offset different region prices. The rest is for everyone (although you can choose between about 5 games).

I know, but every game is more expensive here anyway. They didn't have to do it, it was a very nice deal for me.
    Gothic 2 Gold for free and those $16 means 2 more free games. That is how I see it.