Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Trivia

Member Member

Unhappy

I've decided to add this board for plain trivia. My trivia boards seem to do well, so I decided a trivia board encompassing everything would be downright crazy, but cool. Yes, there is the random facts thread, but this adds a gaming element to it.

Post questions and answers separately. If you get stuck, pull out a trivia game and ask those questions (but make sure you note the game) .

Uh, I only got one to start with:

There are three different rpgs as we know it (not as a genre, but as items) . Can you name them?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TrueGamer @ Feb. 13 2003,14:22)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"There are three different rpgs as we know it (not as a genre, but as items) . Can you name them?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Role palying game, Rocket propelled granade, and something else I can't think of.

Now here are a few more questions

1. What state capitol building is the only state capitol building without a dome?
    2. What state's Attorney General's Office (AGO) is the only state AGO with a full staff of scientists.?
    3. At what mass (compaired to the sun) are stars so massive that the go supernova at their deaths.?
    4. What is left behind after a hypernova?
    5. What is a parsec?
    6. What is the Big Dig?
    7. What did Sony and Nintendo plan to produce for the Super Nintendo?
    8. What does HVCC stand for?

AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II

Member Member
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"5. ?What is a parsec?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Oh! I know that!...wait...damn! I can't translate it into english. Sorry. I'll translate it later okey?!

Okey, to put it simple:
    A PARSEC=3,26 LIGHTYEARS

Member Member
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aquila Hawk @ Feb. 13 2003,12:23)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"7. What did Sony and Nintendo plan to produce for the Super Nintendo?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    An add-on called the "Playstation".

Member Member
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Quote (TrueGamer @ Feb. 13 2003,14:22)
    There are three different rpgs as we know it (not as a genre, but as items) . Can you name them?

Role palying game, Rocket propelled granade, and something else I can't think of.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I belive the 3rd one u're looking for is :

Report Program Generator

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"6. ?What is the Big Dig?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    A highway project in Boston. ?It's purpose is to build a major traffic artery underground and replace the above ground artery with parkland. ?If I remember correctly it's over budget and behind schedule.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Member Member
    I'm putting the awnser in a spoiler.

(1) How many pancakes does it take to make a dog house?
    "<span class="spoiler">None, Because Chickens don't have lips.</span>"

(2) (now for a real Question) In Final Fantasy 4, Was there a Gogo Character hidden in it?
    "<span class="spoiler">Nope.</span>"

(3) In Chrono Trigger, in new game plus, When is the soonest point in which you can fight Lavos?
    "<span class="spoiler">At the Fair, in the seconed teleporter.</span>"

Have Fun.

Member Member
    1) According to Nostradamus, who were the first 2 anti-christs? Who might be the next?
    2) Where was Napolean Bonaparte born, and under what name?
    3) What is the smallest country in the world?
    4) How does said country try to show it's independance?
    5) How much is a mol?
    6) How long is a second, in vibrations of a quart crystal?
    7) How many zeros in a google?
    8) What is Pi to 15 decimal places?
    9) What did Adolph Hitler want to be as a teen?
    10) How old was Ghandi when his father died?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"There are three different rpgs as we know it (not as a genre, but as items) . Can you name them?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    i'm gonna be a rebel and post a fourth "RPG"..

rebounds per game.
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"1) According to Nostradamus, who were the first 2 anti-christs? Who might be the next?
    napoleon, hitler. ?who might be next.. not sure, saddam hussein or osama bin laden?
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"3) What is the smallest country in the world?
    the vatican.
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"7) How many zeros in a google?
    one hundred.
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"8) What is Pi to 15 decimal places?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Member Member
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"(2) (now for a real Question) In Final Fantasy 4, Was there a Gogo Character hidden in it?
    "Nope."

(3) In Chrono Trigger, in new game plus, When is the soonest point in which you can fight Lavos?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

There is a thread for rpgs in the Console RPG forum.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"According to Nostradamus, who were the first 2 anti-christs? Who might be the next?

napoleon, hitler. who might be next.. not sure, saddam hussein or osama bin laden?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Not only is the anit-christ alive right now, but he is currently living in the Middle East. One prophecy says that I believe.

Question: What is Canada's most northern village called?

Question

I have a few questions to add myself.

1.What is the largest organ humans possess?
    2.What is the largest city in the United States?
    3.Where is the tallest building in the US located?
    4.Where is the tallest building in the world located?
    5.True or False. ?There are more than 6 billion people on Earth.
    6.What is the largest mammal on Earth, and how big can it get?
    7.True or False. ?The New York Yankees are the oldest professional baseball organization to play in New York City.
    8.True or False. ?The New York Yankees were once a Baltimore baseball team.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Member Member
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"2) Where was Napolean Bonaparte born, and under what name?

born on the Island of Corsica, under the name Napoleon Bonaparte?

Member Member
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"9) What did Adolph Hitler want to be as a teen?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

He wanted to be a painter but his father didn't want that. He wanted Hitler to be a dictator

Member Member
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"1) According to Nostradamus, who were the first 2 anti-christs? Who might be the next?
    2) Where was Napolean Bonaparte born, and under what name?
    3) What is the smallest country in the world?
    4) How does said country try to show it's independance?
    5) How much is a mol?
    6) How long is a second, in vibrations of a quart crystal?
    7) How many zeros in a google?
    8) What is Pi to 15 decimal places?
    9) What did Adolph Hitler want to be as a teen?
    10) How old was Ghandi when his father died?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

1) Correct
    2) Correct, and Buonaparte, with a 'u'
    3) Correct
    5) Correct
    7) Correct
    8) Correct
    9) Correct, but he wasn't accepted into art school so WWII started.8l

4,6,10 still open.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"1.What is the largest organ humans possess?
    hrmm.. liver?
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"2.What is the largest city in the United States?
    in terms of population.. new york, with over 8 million.
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"3.Where is the tallest building in the US located?
    sears tower, chicago.
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"4.Where is the tallest building in the world located?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    cn tower, toronto.. despite the fact it's not considered a skyscraper, but an observation tower. tallest skyscrapers are the petronas towers.
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"5.True or False. ?There are more than 6 billion people on Earth.
    hmm, true..
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"7.True or False. ?The New York Yankees are the oldest professinonal baseball organization to play in New York City.
    false, overall.. but true currently.

Member Member
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"
    1.What is the largest organ humans possess?
    6.What is the largest mammal on Earth, add how big can it get?
    8.True or False. The New York Yankees were once a Baltimore baseball team.

1) The skin
    6) Blue Whale, and 300ft. I think.
    8) I'll say True.

Member Member
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"9) Correct, but he wasn't accepted into art school so WWII started.8l

I wonder what would happen if Hitler was accepted into the art school.

Member Member
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The FireDragon @ Feb. 15 2003,04:53)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"9) Correct, but he wasn't accepted into art school so WWII started.8l

I wonder what would happen if Hitler was accepted into the art school.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    ...he'd probably end up going into social commentary right off the bat, and then end up homeless and hungry out on the streets.

He just SEEMED like that kind of person, but social commentary only works after you build up a name for yourself. *sigh* Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Okies, questions before I forget!

1. What country has the lowest elevation? (the lowest HIGH elevation I suppose)

2. What was the true name of the whale who played in "Free Willy"?

3. In what order did the children get kicked out of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory?

4. How many licks does it take to reach the center of a tootsie pop?

5. The man who is directing "Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban" directed two lovely films in the 90's that were directed toward little girls. What were they?

6. The Enlightenment was (as you should know) an event in Europe around the time the US became independant. What three things was the enlightenment supposed to acomplish? (many, many artists grumble)

7. What city was Starbucks originally from?

8. What is the range of a normal, B flat clarinet?

Happy guessing!

Member Member
    ooops..misread the question... nevermind

Member Member
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I wonder what would happen if Hitler was accepted into the art school.

...he'd probably end up going into social commentary right off the bat, and then end up homeless and hungry out on the streets.

When I think about it, I would not be born if Hitler became a painter.
    Because my grandmother was from Poland survived on of those woking camps. After that, she went to Sweden were she met my grandfather.
    Oh my god! I was born thanks to Hitler!!

Here's my questions:

1) What was Ark ( in Terranigma) forced to do in order to save the world?
    2) What's 987 times 789?
    3) Who created Calvin and Hobbes?
    4) How do you win on chapter 15 in Bahamut Lagoon?
    5) Infected Mushroom, where are they from?
    6) What's dr Phils lastname?