Thread: RPGCast - Episode 154: "Sexy Voice Girl"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 154: "Sexy Voice Girl"

RPGCast - Episode 154: "Sexy Voice Girl"

Spike reveals the VGA nominees and we've got the expert analysis...oh who are we kidding, they suck. You're better off just paying attention to the awesome The Witcher 2 collector's edition details.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/154

RPGCast streams live every Saturday at 12 PM Eastern / 9 AM Pacific

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Sexy Voice Girl"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

President of Soft Paws SeraphimKitten's Avatar
    I enjoyed this product and/or service. Between Tactics Ogre (and Knight of Lodis), Warcraft 3 (and Frozen Throne!), World of Warcraft, and Billy Zabka (of Python and Karate Kid fame) this podcast was relevant to my interests! Most of the time I haven't played most of the games mentioned and only a few attract my attention, but this time there was a good selection that I'd played or wanted to play.

The only drawback was the Anime section. I didn't even realize I'd zoned out until Manny said something about it being something your listeners really cared about, at which point I realized I'd blocked out everything before that.

Also, to Manny -- if you plan to play on Draenor with Mr. Sabin and Miss Paws I plan to make a character there, too, just before Cataclysm. I might even transfer over an 80. I was on the fence but Paws makes a compelling argument for transferring a druid over (Heirlooms, gold, and freeing up character slots on Steamwheedle Cartel for Worgen alts.) EDIT - wow, talking about WoW on the RPgamer forums made the Swift Zulian Tiger drop. Thanks RPGamer Superstars!
    Last edited by SeraphimKitten; 11-21-2010 at 03:51 AM.

RPGCast Lurker
    My first family gaming memory I have comes from when I was 6 or 7. I remember my dad buying Super Mario Bros. 3, and he, my mother and I leaving the system on for days trying to beat it. My dad actually ended up buying a Nintendo Power subscription after the first few days of playing it because they were advertising the SMB3 strategy guide issue (I still have it somewhere). We all took turns playing and after about a week or so of playing it every night after work/school, we finally beat the game. Of course, the next day the Nintendo Power showed up.

Hyperdimension Neptunia is another Compile Heart/Idea Factory game so you should already know what to expect (Agarest War, Cross Edge, Trinity Universe). I don't know if waiting for the review is necessary.

I don't like Netflix's streaming anime because it's generally going to be dub, and, like Chris, I prefer subtitles. They do have a decent selection otherwise.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Oh man, I love how you guys were ripping me on my music tastes, considering how horrible Chris' music tastes are.

Oh, and both Utada's English albums were made by her. She was actually doing something more original with both of them, and it led to two fantastic, if somewhat flawed in parts, albums.

As for Koda Kumi, she's OK. She tries way too hard to be sexy, though, which makes me giggle.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    Oh man, I love how you guys were ripping me on my music tastes, considering how horrible Chris' music tastes are.

Oh, and both Utada's English albums were made by her. She was actually doing something more original with both of them, and it led to two fantastic, if somewhat flawed in parts, albums.

As for Koda Kumi, she's OK. She tries way too hard to be sexy, though, which makes me giggle.
    You mean like this? I actually love her rendition of this classic anime hit.

On the OST front, we both missed a trick anyway: Nier.

If there's one thing I don't find memorable about Mass Effect 2 is the music, the only track from the game I can recall clearly is the galactic map theme.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff noodle's Avatar
    i enjoy that guy in your avatar. he has purple hair.

Ah, the Video Game Awards. Such a travesty that the industry is evolving so much yet this crap is still the biggest award show for videogames. How much bigger do the industry have to get before we can get something even half as well put together as the Oscars?

Oh by the way, I found it really funny that they have a picture of FFXII for the nomination of XIII it's in line with the overall quality of the show. Another thing that bugs me is that Bioshock Infinite isn't slated for release until 2012 which means it could get nominated for the same category again and then probably a third time at the 2012 awards. *sigh*. I can think of numerous other games that are within reach that would be much like XCOM, Skyward Sword, Deus Ex or Duke Nukem Forever (seriously, why isn't Duke nominated?).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    You mean like this? I actually love her rendition of this classic anime hit.
    That is definitely the best version. Ever. I would also say that the anime (RE Cutie Honey) is also the best out of all the anime incarnations, over the top Gainax action and stylized animation really did the trick with that one.

Go Nier! Yes, Chris, Nier is amazing. <3

Also, Final Fantasy XIII's Japanese song is great and shouldn't have been cut in favor of that stupid Lewis song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmpsLIaKlKA
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimKitten View Post
    I enjoyed this product and/or service. Between Tactics Ogre (and Knight of Lodis), Warcraft 3 (and Frozen Throne!), World of Warcraft, and Billy Zabka (of Python and Karate Kid fame) this podcast was relevant to my interests! Most of the time I haven't played most of the games mentioned and only a few attract my attention, but this time there was a good selection that I'd played or wanted to play.

The only drawback was the Anime section. I didn't even realize I'd zoned out until Manny said something about it being something your listeners really cared about, at which point I realized I'd blocked out everything before that.

Also, to Manny -- if you plan to play on Draenor with Mr. Sabin and Miss Paws I plan to make a character there, too, just before Cataclysm. I might even transfer over an 80. I was on the fence but Paws makes a compelling argument for transferring a druid over (Heirlooms, gold, and freeing up character slots on Steamwheedle Cartel for Worgen alts.) EDIT - wow, talking about WoW on the RPgamer forums made the Swift Zulian Tiger drop. Thanks RPGamer Superstars!
    Draenor it is. I'll see you there. I think I may have to do another RPGame Night to celebrate the launch of Cataclysm.

As for gaming as a family... last Thanksgiving, I managed to get my family to learn Apples to Apples, as well as the board game Sequence. But my parents don't have any interest in video games, and my sister is slowly catching up on PS2 games.

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    For those that want to discuss where and when to play Cata, here's the thread:
    http://board.rpgamer.com/forum/showt...983#post383983

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    Go Nier! Yes, Chris, Nier is amazing. <3

Also, Final Fantasy XIII's Japanese song is great and shouldn't have been cut in favor of that stupid Lewis song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmpsLIaKlKA
    What? that is generic J-Pop, I'll take the Lewis song any day :P

I thought this topic was about NOODLE =(

Unfortunately, im the only one in my family who plays games, except for my niece, and shes a little down on her playing them with me too often for some reason. when we do play, I Have fun playing Time Splitters Future Perfect with her, or anything we can play Co-op, otherwise she gets really competitive. Otherwise, I just like watching her play by herself, and showing her tricks and stuff. So there ya go.
    ive got candy

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    What? that is generic J-Pop, I'll take the Lewis song any day :P
    That's what I'm saying! I mean, it's slickly produced enough, but LORD it sounds indistinguishable from other Jpop ballads. At least Lewis has some passion when singing My Hands.

And I'm the one with horrible taste in music?

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Different strokes for different folks, people. ^^; Different styles of music and songs appeal to different people. I'm sure my music tastes would be considered awful to some.

Ugh, the Spike VGA. I watched that the first year it ran with interest. I lost said interest ever so quickly. :P
    "Life will be a very great deal less weird without you!"

"Do you know I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Eggs View Post
    Ugh, the Spike VGA. I watched that the first year it ran with interest. I lost said interest ever so quickly. :P
    You mean you didn't know it was going to suck when they started? It's Spike TV! That network is garbage all day and all night. That G4 is trying to become Spike makes me wonder how anyone can be so wrong in looking for inspiration.

President of Soft Paws SeraphimKitten's Avatar
    I always assumed Spike TV was just Star Trek and Bruce Lee movies all day as we never had it on any of our cable plans. Is this not the case?

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimKitten View Post
    I always assumed Spike TV was just Star Trek and Bruce Lee movies all day as we never had it on any of our cable plans. Is this not the case?
    If that was the case, i'd actually watch the channel.
    ive got candy

They mix in Cops reruns and really crappy "grr manly" shows.