Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy IV Will Be Complete

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Final Fantasy IV Will Be Complete

Final Fantasy IV is no stranger to compilations, remakes, sequels, the PlayStation brand, and portable consoles. I suppose it shouldn't be too surprising, then, that it is getting a compilation of a remake and a sequel on a PlayStation-brand portable console.

[Link]

Oh.My.God.

This will be awesome!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    Looks like se finally came to their senses with this one. All of those 3d ff games should have been on the psp in the first place.
    sup?

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    I'll be the cranky party pooper. I am *so* *over* Square-Enix repackaging games it created in the 90s and selling them full retail every 3 years. This is ridiculous and I'm disappointed in anyone over the age of 18 who is excited by this announcement. You all get coal for Christmas and I hope your landlord increases your rent.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

Have towel will travel Moderator shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudren View Post
    All of those 3d ff games should have been on the psp in the first place.
    It's not sounding like this is the Matrix software version.

EDIT: @7th: Eh. There's a reason for this product to exist if you don't own a Wii. Even then, After Years is $29 in Nintendo Points, so basically you're buying that with FFIV and the new chapter tacked on for free. Which doesn't mean I don't agree with you on some level about repackaging the games. But then again, how many different editions/printings of seminal books like Dune and LotR exist?
    Last edited by shoptroll; 12-13-2010 at 02:25 PM.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

With, if the announcement is accurate, possibly a new graphic engine. Sounds sexy to me. I wonder if they will go the FF I/II route or 3D?

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

I'm betting FF I/II. I doubt they've been keeping Matrix or another developer redoing all of After Years so the games are a consistent package.

Joystiq is reporting the same.

Sounds like 2d to me, too.

Now all we need is a proper 2d remake of FFIII and we'll be good. I was never impressed with the 3d DS one.

I'm excited about this since I haven't played After Years yet. I'm curious if Square has a team who's whole job is all these remakes, or if it bounces around from group to group.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thCircle View Post
    I'll be the cranky party pooper. I am *so* *over* Square-Enix repackaging games it created in the 90s and selling them full retail every 3 years. This is ridiculous and I'm disappointed in anyone over the age of 18 who is excited by this announcement. You all get coal for Christmas and I hope your landlord increases your rent.
    This isn't terribly bad... just mistimed. It's kind of early for this. FFIV DS is still pretty recent, and FFIV Advance was released only shortly before that remake. I'm sure I'll get the IV Comp some day, but not until it's >$20 (did the same with FFI and II on the PSP). I'm kind of luke warm about IV and its asinine plot, but I am curious to see the sequel (though not enough to pay $30 on the Wii). I'll probably play this sometime in late 2012. Hopefully it's more than a sexy 2D graphical remake. IV has nothing in the way of character customization (even FFI let you pick your party at the start). The DS's augments were a nice addition and made the gameplay actually mean something. If it's going to be built around FFIVA... ugh. Hopefully they will impliment SOMETHING. I heard the sequel has some neat features (something about CT-esque combo techniques and the phases of the moon); hope they get retrofitted to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSuzaku View Post
    Now all we need is a proper 2d remake of FFIII and we'll be good. I was never impressed with the 3d DS one.
    I was always surprised the Wonderswan version never was completed on the GBA.

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar
    This sounds promising, hopefully it comes out here.

Well I for one am happy about this, quite possibly the RPG I've replayed the most and the DS version didn't really win me over. I haven't been able to play the After Years and the interim scenario between the two stories is more than worth this release, let alone the new sprite work.
    http://www.shadowdawngenesis.com - follow progress on the upcoming RPG series Shadowdawn on Xbox Live Indie Games and PC (and wherever else we can take it)

Smile .......

Did anyone else just get extremely turn on? *goes buys PSP and waits in a closet for sometime 2011*
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.”
    -Einstein

Now a 2d remake of FFV and FFVI and we are set. Also they can bring them in 1080p resolution to the PS3 in the PSN.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

FFIV is my favorite game, period. That said, count me in on the "another remake??" boat. Cmon Square, make something original and make it as good as these games were back in the day! The nostalgia bit can only take you so far. If you want to sell on the name, make a prequel or another sequel or something.

On a side, guess I will stop buying WiiWare chapters of After Years for now

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Well you just shush. Not everyone has access to the after years, and it will be nicer to play in it's (originally intended) portable form anyway.

Also, they still aren't anywhere close to the number of times Falcoms has re-released Ys I&II at full price.

OMG OMG OMG. This better come over.

"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

If this is remade ala FF1 and 2 on PSP. Then they got my money.
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!

"As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe

GM,DM,PC,NPC,1P,2P & TG TG Barighm's Avatar
    Now where is that FF7 remake? If they can afford to remake the old FF's over and over again, why not FF7?

...nah, I'm not being serious. I know they're saving that for a financial crisis of some sort, lol. Unless I somehow missed it on a handheld. In that case...DAMN HANDHELDS!!