Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret of Mana is Coming to the iPhone

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Secret of Mana is Coming to the iPhone

Christmas is coming, and Square Enix is celebrating the coming holiday by releasing a new port of Secret of Mana. If you don't see how this is ironic and appropriate, then you really need to buy the game and play it for yourself.

[Link]

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    Why the iphone? God I hate you square enix.
    sup?

Bring Legend of Mana to US PSN now!!!!!
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudren View Post
    Why the iphone? God I hate you square enix.
    Because it's the cool thing to do?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

But does it support multiplayer?

Raging ambivalence here!

Enhanced sprites and backgrounds, no multiplayer, crappy controls. How can you say no?

Banned Banned
    Meh, game sucks anyway, so I don't really care. It had potential, but it would take a remake and not a port to fix the ruinous gameplay issues.

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    Raging ambivalence here!
    You sir, win. What do you win? The Internets. Yes. All of them.

I am Jack's total lack of interest.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Ugh. Why? Why are you not releasing it for the DS or PSP or SOMETHING other than a cell phone. Even Wiiware or psn or xbox live.

It's on the Virtual Console already...
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Quote Originally Posted by HJ+ View Post
    Meh, game sucks anyway, so I don't really care. It had potential, but it would take a remake and not a port to fix the ruinous gameplay issues.
    Wait, what? Did I wake up in the opposite universe today? I can't think of many action RPGs on the SNES that had better gameplay -- I can't think of any that were multiplayer.

If he's not trolling then I guess he means if the other 2 characters gets stuck on screen.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Eh. It was enjoyable but the combat had issues. Stacking damage and slow resolution was annoying. The fixed it out of the engine with Evermore. But as a single-player experience Mana's combat never felt responsive.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Banned Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    If he's not trolling then I guess he means if the other 2 characters gets stuck on screen.
    Yes, I don't like the game so I must be trolling! Maybe I just don't like the retarded weapon/magic-leveling system, maybe I don't like how magic just stops everything and nukes the entire screen, turning bosses into a contest of who can spam magic first. Unfortunately, to ever win the magic-spam wars, you need to grind your magic which, like I said, is a huge pain. The hit detection is also severely lacking, and the AI controlled characters are a complete joke. I just said it has some potential that drowns in unfortunate gameplay issues, which is true as far as I'm concerned. You're free to like the game regardless, but lol @ simply denying them and saying I'm trolling.

Also, inb4 people tell me none of these things are true and I just suck at the game.
    Last edited by HJ+; 12-19-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Yes, I don't like the game so I must be trolling! Maybe I just don't like the retarded weapon/magic-leveling system, maybe I don't like how magic just stops everything and nukes the entire screen, turning bosses into a contest of who can spam magic first. Unfortunately, to ever win the magic-spam wars, you need to grind your magic which, like I said, is a huge pain. The hit detection is also severely lacking, and the AI controlled characters are a complete joke. I just said it has some potential that drowns in unfortunate gameplay issues, which is true as far as I'm concerned. You're free to like the game regardless, but lol @ simply denying them and saying I'm trolling.

Also, inb4 people tell me none of these things are true and I just suck at the game.
    Well, when you come out swinging saying that the game sucks and has "ruinous gameplay issues" without actually elaborating, and then toss that attitude around, it certainly looks like you're flaming a classic game just to flame it on a forum where it is held in regard, which pretty much is trolling.

Banned Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSuzaku View Post
    Well, when you come out swinging saying that the game sucks and has "ruinous gameplay issues" without actually elaborating, and then toss that attitude around, it certainly looks like you're flaming a classic game just to flame it on a forum where it is held in regard, which pretty much is trolling.
    Why do I need to elaborate on something that's plainly obvious to anyone who's played the game? In fact, I did elaborate; I said I think the game sucks... because of the ruinous gameplay issues. Whether or not you consider the issues ruinous, it shouldn't be hard to see why I do. For your own sake, stop this trolling-nonsense. It just makes you look desperate since you're using a worthless clutch argument to try and discredit someone who dislikes your favorite game.

Why do I need to elaborate on something that's plainly obvious to anyone who's played the game? In fact, I did elaborate; I said I think the game sucks... because of the ruinous gameplay issues. Whether or not you consider the issues ruinous, it shouldn't be hard to see why I do. For your own sake, stop this trolling-nonsense. It just makes you look desperate since you're using a worthless clutch argument to try and discredit someone who dislikes your favorite game.
    You just said it "obvious to anyone who PLAYED and REMEMBER the game." If you had written that in your first post then it would not sound like trolling at all but you din't elaborated on it and opened a sentence with "this game suck" who is a common troll opener then you vaguely mentioned gameplay mechanics so I suspected that you MAY be trolling but I never said "Don't feed the troll" who would be my replay if you only just say "This game sucks". There's no reason to get so defensive about a comment in a messageboard just chill out.

I would like to say that stating there are "ruinous gameplay issues" without also stating exactly what those issues are in the same post is not elaborating; at least not nearly enough for those that don't know, don't remember, or don't mind them (and thus would not have noticed them).

That said, I can see how the issues mentioned in your second post could ruin the game for some people, though I myself don't remember having problems with hit detection, though I do remember attacks had a random chance of "missing" and/or the enemies and player characters had a random chance of "dodging" attacks like they would in a turn based game.
    Last edited by Jungyin; 12-19-2010 at 08:12 PM.