Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 104

Thread: Secret of Mana is Coming to the iPhone

  1. #1
    Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    1,172

    Secret of Mana is Coming to the iPhone

    Christmas is coming, and Square Enix is celebrating the coming holiday by releasing a new port of Secret of Mana. If you don't see how this is ironic and appropriate, then you really need to buy the game and play it for yourself.

    [Link]

  2. #2
    i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    scottsdale,az
    Posts
    1,062
    Why the iphone? God I hate you square enix.
    sup?

  3. #3
    Under watcher LordKaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    3,290
    Bring Legend of Mana to US PSN now!!!!!
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

  4. #4
    Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudren View Post
    Why the iphone? God I hate you square enix.
    Because it's the cool thing to do?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

  5. #5
    But does it support multiplayer?

  6. #6
    Veteran RPGamer watcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,177
    Raging ambivalence here!

  7. #7
    Member Jitawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    665
    Enhanced sprites and backgrounds, no multiplayer, crappy controls. How can you say no?

  8. #8
    Banned Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    172
    Meh, game sucks anyway, so I don't really care. It had potential, but it would take a remake and not a port to fix the ruinous gameplay issues.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    Raging ambivalence here!
    You sir, win. What do you win? The Internets. Yes. All of them.

  10. #10
    Member Confessor Rahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alameda, CA
    Posts
    6,471
    I am Jack's total lack of interest.


    www.powerlinemag.com

    "I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

  11. #11
    Ugh. Why? Why are you not releasing it for the DS or PSP or SOMETHING other than a cell phone. Even Wiiware or psn or xbox live.

  12. #12
    The Gratitude Pokemon Shaymin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dartmouth, New Sealand, Canada
    Posts
    1,028
    It's on the Virtual Console already...
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

  13. #13
    Member Minneyar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by HJ+ View Post
    Meh, game sucks anyway, so I don't really care. It had potential, but it would take a remake and not a port to fix the ruinous gameplay issues.
    Wait, what? Did I wake up in the opposite universe today? I can't think of many action RPGs on the SNES that had better gameplay -- I can't think of any that were multiplayer.

  14. #14
    Under watcher LordKaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    3,290
    If he's not trolling then I guess he means if the other 2 characters gets stuck on screen.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

  15. #15
    Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,416
    Eh. It was enjoyable but the combat had issues. Stacking damage and slow resolution was annoying. The fixed it out of the engine with Evermore. But as a single-player experience Mana's combat never felt responsive.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

  16. #16
    Banned Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    If he's not trolling then I guess he means if the other 2 characters gets stuck on screen.
    Yes, I don't like the game so I must be trolling! Maybe I just don't like the retarded weapon/magic-leveling system, maybe I don't like how magic just stops everything and nukes the entire screen, turning bosses into a contest of who can spam magic first. Unfortunately, to ever win the magic-spam wars, you need to grind your magic which, like I said, is a huge pain. The hit detection is also severely lacking, and the AI controlled characters are a complete joke. I just said it has some potential that drowns in unfortunate gameplay issues, which is true as far as I'm concerned. You're free to like the game regardless, but lol @ simply denying them and saying I'm trolling.

    Also, inb4 people tell me none of these things are true and I just suck at the game.
    Last edited by HJ+; 12-19-2010 at 05:51 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by HJ+ View Post
    Yes, I don't like the game so I must be trolling! Maybe I just don't like the retarded weapon/magic-leveling system, maybe I don't like how magic just stops everything and nukes the entire screen, turning bosses into a contest of who can spam magic first. Unfortunately, to ever win the magic-spam wars, you need to grind your magic which, like I said, is a huge pain. The hit detection is also severely lacking, and the AI controlled characters are a complete joke. I just said it has some potential that drowns in unfortunate gameplay issues, which is true as far as I'm concerned. You're free to like the game regardless, but lol @ simply denying them and saying I'm trolling.

    Also, inb4 people tell me none of these things are true and I just suck at the game.
    Well, when you come out swinging saying that the game sucks and has "ruinous gameplay issues" without actually elaborating, and then toss that attitude around, it certainly looks like you're flaming a classic game just to flame it on a forum where it is held in regard, which pretty much is trolling.

  18. #18
    Banned Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSuzaku View Post
    Well, when you come out swinging saying that the game sucks and has "ruinous gameplay issues" without actually elaborating, and then toss that attitude around, it certainly looks like you're flaming a classic game just to flame it on a forum where it is held in regard, which pretty much is trolling.
    Why do I need to elaborate on something that's plainly obvious to anyone who's played the game? In fact, I did elaborate; I said I think the game sucks... because of the ruinous gameplay issues. Whether or not you consider the issues ruinous, it shouldn't be hard to see why I do. For your own sake, stop this trolling-nonsense. It just makes you look desperate since you're using a worthless clutch argument to try and discredit someone who dislikes your favorite game.

  19. #19
    Under watcher LordKaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    3,290
    Quote Originally Posted by HJ+ View Post
    Why do I need to elaborate on something that's plainly obvious to anyone who's played the game? In fact, I did elaborate; I said I think the game sucks... because of the ruinous gameplay issues. Whether or not you consider the issues ruinous, it shouldn't be hard to see why I do. For your own sake, stop this trolling-nonsense. It just makes you look desperate since you're using a worthless clutch argument to try and discredit someone who dislikes your favorite game.
    You just said it "obvious to anyone who PLAYED and REMEMBER the game." If you had written that in your first post then it would not sound like trolling at all but you din't elaborated on it and opened a sentence with "this game suck" who is a common troll opener then you vaguely mentioned gameplay mechanics so I suspected that you MAY be trolling but I never said "Don't feed the troll" who would be my replay if you only just say "This game sucks". There's no reason to get so defensive about a comment in a messageboard just chill out.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289
    I would like to say that stating there are "ruinous gameplay issues" without also stating exactly what those issues are in the same post is not elaborating; at least not nearly enough for those that don't know, don't remember, or don't mind them (and thus would not have noticed them).

    That said, I can see how the issues mentioned in your second post could ruin the game for some people, though I myself don't remember having problems with hit detection, though I do remember attacks had a random chance of "missing" and/or the enemies and player characters had a random chance of "dodging" attacks like they would in a turn based game.
    Last edited by Jungyin; 12-19-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •