Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection Trailer - 9 Screens - 1 Art - 1 Propaganda

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar

Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection Trailer - 9 Screens - 1 Art - 1 Propaganda

A metric crapton of Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection has poured in for your viewing pleasure. Come check out all of the pretty pictures.

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2010/122010a.html

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4c...s122010-1.html

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4c...t122010-1.html

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4c...a122010-1.html

It looks so awesome! Yes they did use hi-res 2D and it seems they added cutscenes. I wish this was in 1080p.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    The cutscenes appear to be from the DS version, not the PSX one which is good. There's also new cutscenes for After Years.

I'm wondering if they're using the DS script as well, and if they're retaining the FFIV Advance features.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

This will be the superior version of FFIV IMO. Now FFV and VI remains to be remade and also if FFIII can be remade like this. They can even bundle it with a remake of FFMQ.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

OR they can stop doing re-makes. Particularly of games they've remade the hell out of already.

Nah, that'd be no fun.

I'd love an FFIII enhanced remake in the same vein of this FFIV and FFI+II AE, though I did enjoy the DS remake.

And for V and VI, 3DS remakes and the same deal for those in the future as the AE's.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiael View Post
    I'd love an FFIII enhanced remake in the same vein of this FFIV and FFI+II AE, though I did enjoy the DS remake.
    I wonder if enough people really want this if they'd consider pulling out the cancelled Wonderswan Color version and dusting it off for the PSP?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

This game is appealing from a visual perspective.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

I don't like the sprites for the characters in the top-down mode. They look really out of place. I had pretty much the same complaint with the PSP ports of 1 and 2, though.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Rose, Rose, Rose... you haven't seen a metric buttload of media until you've had to deal with a NIS media-bomb...

Looking nice though.

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GaijinMonogatari View Post
    Rose, Rose, Rose... you haven't seen a metric buttload of media until you've had to deal with a NIS media-bomb...

Looking nice though.
    Yeah, Rose has been exaggerating these media updates a little. Praise the giant size of the updates when you've done a 100+ screenshot update. Anything less feels a little like false advertising.

And yes, the game is looking nice. Maybe not how I would prefer it (I miss the SNES battle sprite look for Cecil), but it is a notable improvement in many ways.

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar
    It pretty decent in size for an SE update.

I'm very excited. FFIV was my first RPG, period. I've sat out a lot of the remakes so far. So I will definitely give it another playthrough for old times sake. Now if only I could be at the same weight I was when this came out! I also have played through two or three parts of The After Years, and while its not perfect, it was nice. But i'm not going to buy anymore of them if we are getting this anytime in the year! I'm more excited about this than 13, and usually I'm not a huge remake fan.. but I am huge on this

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    it looks ok. it's a big shame that, after seeing cecil in dissidia, we have to see him downgraded back to 2d. i still cant understand why they just wont do an ff remake in 3d on psp using the crisiscore, dissidia, bbs engine, but ugly 3d games on ds are a-ok.

ah well. at least it's not on iphone.
    sup?

Quote Originally Posted by Teluin View Post
    OR they can stop doing re-makes. Particularly of games they've remade the hell out of already.
    Speak for yourself. I wouldn't complain about many more releases based on the game in your av.
    Rise!

I see this more as a port of The After Years that happens to have a remade version of FFIV attached, and that makes me excited. This game is PRETTY.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudren View Post
    it looks ok. it's a big shame that, after seeing cecil in dissidia, we have to see him downgraded back to 2d. i still cant understand why they just wont do an ff remake in 3d on psp using the crisiscore, dissidia, bbs engine, but ugly 3d games on ds are a-ok.
    Because 30 hours of a realistically rendered Cecil would just be too much male beauty for one game.
    Currently playing:
    Legend of the Heroes: Trails in the Sky / South Park: The Stick of Truth / Volgarr the Viking
    Broforce / Shovel Knight / Duck Tales Remastered / Final Fantasy 3 PC

If SE are serious about staying as close to the Amano art as possible, then they really need to use some sort of cell-shading to simulate his water colour art style. Cecil looks ridiculous in those FMVs.

I am not excited about this, but I will buy and play it. I can say that when I first played this game in 91 or so I did not anticipate buying my fourth remake of it one day.

The music in the trailer, which includes the main theme of FFIV as well as the "Final Fantasy" theme, was arranged for orchestra by FFX/XIII composer Masashi Hamauzu.