Thread: Aphelion: Episode 2 is Now Available

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Aphelion: Episode 2 is Now Available

Sure, the Earth may be a lot closer to its perihelion than its aphelion right now, but that doesn't mean we can't celebrate the release of this new indie RPG. It is not like anyone pays attention to the Earth's apsides anyways.

[Link]

Note: I think the fact that I wrote this kind of blurb proves that I'm a physics geek.

Finally got to download this yesterday. With my current slate, i'll probably not get to this one before the new year. I'll probably post my reactions in the review thread once it is up (I am assuming that it will get reviewed since the original did).

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

As much as the first game disappointed me, it was still a solid attempt at an SNES-type RPG with some modern mechanics, and hey, before the game hits its rut, it is actually a very darn good RPG. I'd like to see more RPG's like it, hopefully much better, and I'm not going to encourage that by avoiding the second game.