Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Several PSX RPGs Slated for PSN Release

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar

Several PSX RPGs Slated for PSN Release

Have you been clamoring for your favorite RPGs from the PSX era to come to PSN? Help is on the way with a heavy injection of awesome to help relieve your symptoms.

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2011/010311a.html

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I think the Playstation blog says Arc the Lad iii comes out tomorrow. Can someone verify?

-Kel

Ahhh I was wondering when they would get around to Xenogears, it seemed pretty inevitable after FF9 came out.

I saw Saiyuki at an E3 years ago and wanted to pick it up, but never got around to it. It may not be the greatest game ever but I still want to give it a shot. Same goes for Threads of Fate, it's like the only PS1 Squaresoft game I never touched.
    http://www.shadowdawngenesis.com - follow progress on the upcoming RPG series Shadowdawn on Xbox Live Indie Games and PC (and wherever else we can take it)

Hooray! I'll be able to finally play through all of Xenogears now! For whatever reason my copy locks up during a boss battle on disc 1 and I've never seen what happens after that point.

It may not be the greatest game ever but I still want to give it a shot. Same goes for Threads of Fate, it's like the only PS1 Squaresoft game I never touched.
    I've always wanted to play this game too, but the somewhat inflated prices on the various market sites for a copy have dissuaded me from doing so. Now if only Suikoden II would be put on the PSN...

Yes! Threads of Fate. I had a demo(really fun) but I never managed to get my hands on a copy of the full game so I guess I can now sooner or later...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

Saiyuki is quite a fun game, glad to see it's being released on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Erdrick View Post
    Hooray! I'll be able to finally play through all of Xenogears now! For whatever reason my copy locks up during a boss battle on disc 1 and I've never seen what happens after that point.
    Are you by chance playing it on a PS2 or PS3? There are some issues with Xenogears if you have certain rendering options turned on. If not, well, you get to play it now! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSuzaku View Post
    Are you by chance playing it on a PS2 or PS3? There are some issues with Xenogears if you have certain rendering options turned on. If not, well, you get to play it now! Yay!
    Happened on two different PSones and two PS2s with the filtering turned off and the disc speed set to normal. Unfortunately, I've lost my save file somewhere along the line. Oh well. I'm really looking forward to being able to carry it around with me on my PSP!

Monster Lover
    Yay! Threads of Fate. Personal opinion here, but one of the best action RPGs for the PSX if not THE best.
    My original copy is still covered in stickers from a particularly obnoxious phase I went through when I first got it (stickers, stickers on everything!).

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    ATL3 was an inevitability, what with ATL 1 and 2 already out on PSN. The other games are a nice, pleasant surprise. Especially Threads of Fate, more people should play it.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Hey! There's a game missing on this list! Harvest Moon: Back to Nature was announced for PSN too!

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Hey! There's a game missing on this list! Harvest Moon: Back to Nature was announced for PSN too!
    You know the PSN's gotten big when PSX shovelware's hitting the list.

Just kidding. All you Harvest Moon fans can put down your pitchforks and shovels, no need to kill me.

Seriously, nice to see the store selection diversifying. Always a good thing, says I.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

"Finally" is all I have to say. Putting Xenogears on the PSN is just a good idea, kind of like putting Earthbound on VC.

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Totally Agree with you Bleu. I'm tres excited about getting my hands on Xeno in handheld. That's too good to pass up.

Mid20s Mutant Ninjaturtle Chillmarsh's Avatar
    Xenogears now available to a younger crowd. Gotta love it.

Transcends lowly masses
    I hope the new generation of graphic *****s can see past the pixellation of the sprites in Xenogears.

Also nice to see Saiyuki gettin' some love. Too few people got to enjoy that one back when it was new.

Ctrl+F Suikoden II, Ctrl+F Suikoden II, Ctrl+F Suikoden II...

I recently purchased Suikoden on the PSN and enjoyed it, and I heard a lot about Suikoden II and how great it is, so why its taking them too long to put it on the PSN, it's been a while since they released Suikoden so its only natural that people would like to play the second one so comeon already..

Awesomes, I'll finally get to give Saiyuki a go. I saw it when I went on a PSX binge at various GameStops when they were trying to sell all of their PSX inventory. I ended up with a couple dozen games including all but Saiyuki and ATL3. How's the ATL series? I'm thinking about trying it out once my funds have been restored after bills/ rent.

Banned Banned
    ITT: Bit- er, female dogs don't know 'bout my custom firmware.