Thread: Disgaea 4 Trailer Returns to the Netherworld

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Disgaea 4 Trailer Returns to the Netherworld

Another Disgaea news item means a new chance to proclaim my ignorance of what is actually going on in the game. At least I get to enjoy the tower-based mugen punch.

[Link]

crazy slinky tower of doom!

Aw mun canne wait

Looks great! The new sprites are really noticeable!
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!

"As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe

Rock concert for a special attack? Yep, that's a win.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    So if you really wanted to level up a character to 9999, how long does it take and are there any enemies that level?

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    So if you really wanted to level up a character to 9999, how long does it take and are there any enemies that level?
    Well, I don't know about Disgaea 4, but it can take hours of effort to reach level 9999. Once you have beaten the game and have gone through the hoops to unlock the best leveling methods, it can take 10 to 15 hours to reach max level in some Disgaea games (this is just hearsay, though). Of course, merely reaching level 9999 is hardly the end in those games, with the reincarnation system. In the original Disgaea, you would need to gain more than 60,000 levels total across multiple reincarnations of the same character to acquire the highest possible stats.

And yes, there are enemies at that level, mostly due to the game's random item world dungeons and similar stuff. There is also usually a small number of extremely powerful super bosses around that level, though you generally don't need to reach max level in order to defeat them.

There are also bills you can pass through the Dark Assembly that allow you to inflate enemy levels as well.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    There are also bills you can pass through the Dark Assembly that allow you to inflate enemy levels as well.
    Congressional hearings in a video game. ...And we all thought that would be a boring idea. Genius!