Thread: Feature - The RPG Sanctum

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar

Feature - The RPG Sanctum

The RPG Sanctum

The RPG Sanctum is new podcast for RPGamer.com, it will be a topical roundtable based around a variety of subjects concerning the RPG genre. Below are the guidelines that the show will follow:

-The show will be recorded every two weeks and posted as soon as I can get it done.

-I will be the host for each show. I'm not going to have a co-host at least for the time being.

-The show will feature a variety of topics and every effort will be made that the staffers on the show will be the best for the topic at hand.

-On this thread I will post the schedule for the show as it is known.

-Any RPGStaff Member who wishes to join a show is welcome to join as a guest. I'm limiting each show to three guests to avoid too many ‘hands in the pot’ (First come, first serve!). Simply send me an email(royburnet@ymail.com) or talk to me in IRC. I will update that show’s status accordingly, and I would like to schedule the show's panel list as early as I can, if for whatever reason you can't attend a show your scheduled for please let me know a week in advance if at all possible.

-Each show will follow a format and notes, which will be written on this thread, and edited/updated by me. Relevant ideas and discussion are welcome as replies to the topic. If anyone wants to be on the show, but can't make it, I will set up a time that we can meet on skype and I will conduct an interview with you and it will be edited in the show.

-The Skype invites will start around 30min prior to recording. If you signed up for a show, but cannot make it or you are just running late, please be considerate and let us know as soon as possible via a skype text (Skype Nick: rosestorm) or over IRC. If we don't have enough panelist an open call will be announced over IRC prior to the show start. The shows will probably last around a couple hours or so.

-During the show, please be considerate and eliminate all potential background noises (cell phones, skype notifications, Game & Watches, etc).

-I will constantly prune this thread, rather than start new threads for each show. For example, If you volunteer to guest on a show, I will delete your request as soon as I have updated that show by adding your name to the list.

-Like anything else just starting, this is a work in progress. These guidelines and the show notes below may be changed at any time. Please review them before the show if you plan to join us.

-I will create separate threads for each individual show, if you want to discuss an upcoming show topic, please wait until the thread for that show has been created before doing so. I want the opinions of the staff and listeners to be in one space. A thread for each show will be created in the latest updates section for the next upcoming show when the air time approaches. One to two weeks in advance of the show.

Again, please feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions below!

The old RPGCast was often enjoyable, but it looks like it's on hiatus or quietly cancelled. I'm sad to see it go. If the RPGCast regulars are busy or burned out, that's understandable.

That said, good luck getting RPG Sanctum started.

It was on a holiday hiatus, presumably. The last two regular recording dates were Christmas and New Year's.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar
    The RPGCast is still going strong, just on a break for the holidays.

Transcends lowly masses
    Make it an RPG podcast about RPG podcasts.