Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torchlight Will Shine on Xbox LIVE

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Torchlight Will Shine on Xbox LIVE

It has been promised several times before, but it is finally going to happen. Torchlight is coming to consoles. Read about all the changes that have been made for the adaption right here.

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    With all the changes, I'm seriously debating grabbing a copy.

Poopy, no PSN release. Ah, well. I already own it on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    Well, I'm glad that they are changing things for the console release, at least. Directly porting over PC keyboard and mouse controls will never work for consoles, after all. With this, they actually have a chance at providing a fun console experience.

Good to see that Xbox 360 owners get to play this, sad to hear about no PS3 version. But what can you do, eh?

I do like the game, but I'm slowly getting bored. I'm now only playing it about 30 minutes each time. This way I can enjoy it.

It's mainly a Sony issue, I imagine. Microsoft is stepping up to act as the publisher for Runic on this one, so that's why XBLA got it.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

That's too bad because I'm not buying the PC version either if I don't fix my PC.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Have towel will travel Moderator shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    Well I don't have a 360, but I do hope they backport some of the enhancements they're bringing in for Torchlight II like the improved automap.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Yes it have to be Microsoft Studios the same company who is keeping Lost Odyssey on the 360 and probably the reason of perfect Vesperia Complete Edition not coming. Maybe if I buy next Microsoft console then I can play it.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

GM,DM,PC,NPC,1P,2P & TG TG Barighm's Avatar
    Looking forward to it. I liked the feel of Torchlight, but I didn't like playing it on the PC. If the changes make it similar to how Deathspank plays-at the very least-I'll be happy (not Sacred 2's crappy system).

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    Well I don't have a 360, but I do hope they backport some of the enhancements they're bringing in for Torchlight II like the improved automap.
    They are actually doing exactly that. I'm not sure if there are any other Torchlight II enhancements they are using, but they are quite clear about the automap.

Have towel will travel Moderator shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinBahamut View Post
    They are actually doing exactly that. I'm not sure if there are any other Torchlight II enhancements they are using, but they are quite clear about the automap.
    Is there a source on this? I poked around their forum a little and couldn't find anything about it...
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    Is there a source on this? I poked around their forum a little and couldn't find anything about it...
    It can be found at their official site's news page. Here. It can be found in the Q&A stuff, towards the bottom.

Thanks a bunch for the link...and not because of what Shop asked. In the Q&A, the devs say they've achieved a Champions of Norrath feel to the combat.

Hope they're not just saying that, because that would make me a very happy camper.

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    now if only blizz would release diablo 3 on consoles, that'd be awesome. those type of games just seem like they belong on consoles, played by a bunch of friends in the living room.

i remember rocking gauntlet legends on dreamcast with my buddies. The 4 player action was amazing, and I think that type of game is really missed this generation.

the arrival of TL on xbox is pretty cool though, definitely a step in the right direction.
    sup?

now if only blizz would release diablo 3 on consoles, that'd be awesome. those type of games just seem like they belong on consoles, played by a bunch of friends in the living room.
    Good thing this is a JRPG centric website. Say that at any western dominated site and you will get so much heat they will delete your post and issue a warning for posting "innopropriate content" (I know, it happened to me at GameSpot).

One of the reasons Champions of Norrath was so great is because of the online component. The PS2 online thing didn't have enough time to ripen, so few actually had a chance to enjoy it, but I'm sure if you stuck a CoN on Live or PSN now it would rock hard (so much so, I say games like these are the way to go for console MMORPG's. I'd buy one).

I actually think there is a decent possibility we will see D3 on consoles if only because Activision is greedy and evil enough to make it happen, plus there is a history of success there (Dark Alliance and Norrath were greatest hits).

Don't be getting your hopes up for D3 on consoles. The Blizzard side of the company only makes PC games. Anyway, WoW will get ported before anything else.

Actually, it's fairly safe to get your hopes up for D3 on consoles. Blizzard's job-listings page does include jobs for console development (and if they have been removed, do a Google search; all sorts of article about it). I think I read something about them receiving dev kits too. Don't forget the original was ported to consoles (I played it on a PS). It's also a safe gamble from a business standpoint especially now that consoles have Live and PSN. Despite what all the PC fanboys say about the game needing to be dumbed down for consoles, I highly doubt it will play all that much differently (unless the devs at Blizz sulk at the idea so much they do a terrible porting job). There really isn't anything stopping D3 from showing up on consoles.

Wow, on the other hand, is an entirely different story. I believe, with enough adjustments, the game can play just fine on consoles, but that's a lot of work and why bother when you're already making a crapload of money? It's just not feasible and SO not worth the effort, plus I heard MS wants an unfair chunk of subscription fees (for Live). I hightly doubt WoW will ever be ported. There just isn't any good reason to do so.
    Last edited by TG Barighm; 01-09-2011 at 12:27 PM.

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    I understand the online component is important, but playing with your real life buds in person >>> playing with strangers over the internet.

edit: although, playing the two balders gate dungeon crawlers from ps2 and champions of norrath on psn would rock big time. They need to get on that asap. I really do miss those types of games.
    Last edited by Maudren; 01-09-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    sup?

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudren View Post
    I understand the online component is important, but playing with your real life buds in person >>> playing with strangers over the internet.

edit: although, playing the two balders gate dungeon crawlers from ps2 and champions of norrath on psn would rock big time. They need to get on that asap. I really do miss those types of games.
    Allow me to go one better - unless you have a huge friend list, playing online isn't worth your time. Too many people on XBL take advantage of the relative anonymity of the internet to be complete and utter asshats. Can't really socialize if you have to have voices turned off. Better to have people in the room with you, bound by the concept of civil decency.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.