Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Summons Forth Yuna

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Dissidia Duodecim Summons Forth Yuna

To be honest, I expected this announcement to be accompanied by more gunslinging and class changing. There is still talk of new costumes, though, but this one isn't for Yuna.

[Link]

Hmm....I wonder if there will be a way to redeem that Tifa code if one doesn't live in Japan (importing the JP version, obviously)....

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    Want release date.

I don't know if TC was kidding or not, but I actually do think her sphere-changing self would be more fun to play in a game like Dissidia.
    thanks for reading

Maybe they will reveal FFX-2 Yuna as one of the villains...

Quote Originally Posted by kweh View Post
    Maybe they will reveal FFX-2 Yuna as one of the villains...
    No. They said we'd get, at most, 10 characters. We've got 6 so far. At most, we'll get four more. That said, if the game already got a new character from I-X, then that's it. So, no more IV, VII, VIII, and X. The most FFX-2 we'll see in this game is an outfit for Yuna.

Pretty much...
    is the new tifa costume similar to this?

Quote Originally Posted by VncentValntine View Post
    is the new tifa costume similar to this?
    Yep, the DLC outfit is based off that Amano piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Clix View Post
    No. They said we'd get, at most, 10 characters. We've got 6 so far. At most, we'll get four more. That said, if the game already got a new character from I-X, then that's it. So, no more IV, VII, VIII, and X. The most FFX-2 we'll see in this game is an outfit for Yuna.
    No, I'm pretty sure they will announce YUNA X-2 as a villain (inside, outside, and beside sources all concur concurrently). However, they aren't going to use dress-spheres, instead she will be sporting the Mascot costume but instead of arms she will have machine guns and the power of dance.

New Member Member
    why does everyone want the gun blazer yuna?

I mean, she's gonna be aeon busting yuna! I think that's pretty cool! Pretty imba in concept lol. But the gameplay's probably balanced though.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Fermat's Last Theorem's Avatar
    I, myself, would've preferred Yuna as a gunslinger for this game. I suppose the developers thought one new character with guns would be enough. As for being a summoner, I wouldn't go so far as to say "imba" just yet. For all we know, controlling the aeons might be ridiculously difficult. Worse, what if they're controlled by a dumb AI?
    You see things; and you say, "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
    - George Bernard Shaw, Back to Methuselah

So... I'm getting huge "Pokemon Trainer joins the Brawl" vibes from this.

Anyway, I doubt they'll be bringing in any more characters from I and III, since there really WERE no characters. And I don't know who else they would grab from FFII or FFV, since II is not as well-loved and V has characters that all play the same. So there IS still a chance to get an X-2 character, though I have a feeling it would be Rikku.

Question: assuming we're only getting one new character from each game, who do you want representing VI and IX?

Second Question: Do you think there's any chance we will get "copied" characters with different attributes? Like Seifer (FFVIII) as a faster version of Squall or Zack (FFVII:CC) as a take-off on Cloud? What would your opinion be on them?
    Last edited by BleuVII; 01-13-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    To be honest, I expected X-2 Yuna simply because her Floral Fala unique dress sphere would be an ideal and impressive EX form. I'm actually a little disappointed it isn't going to show up... Oh well. Summoning is still going to be fun.

It would be a tragedy to get Seifer instead of any number of other characters... I don't think we are going to see copy characters, either.

Another character from VI is very likely. Celes gets my vote as the most appropriate, since she is basically the main character of the second half of the game. Either Sabin or Edgar would also work well, since they're both awesome and show up as two of the first four characters you recruit in both halves of the game. Any of those three would be ideal, though I'm not going to complain if we get Shadow.

I'm trying to think of the coolest villain from the series that they have not used already. Not much is coming to mind, though. Sometimes the series really is at a loss for good villains... I suppose they could give Xande his time to shine, but that really would be dredging up the bottom of the barrel.

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinBahamut View Post
    I'm trying to think of the coolest villain from the series that they have not used already. Not much is coming to mind, though. Sometimes the series really is at a loss for good villains... I suppose they could give Xande his time to shine, but that really would be dredging up the bottom of the barrel.
    Might need to strech the definition of villains a bit, maybe Beatrix?
    "Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

OK, so far, the main theory is simple. For FFI-X, the game either gets a new rep or a new stage. Nomura has also stated in an interview last month that no NES games are getting new characters, only SNES and up.

FFI - Unknown stage
    FFII - Final Floor of Pandemonium
    FFIII - Crystal Tower
    FFIV - Kain Highwind
    FFV - ??? (fan speculation is centered on Gilgamesh or Faris)
    FFVI - Phantom Train
    FFVII - Tifa Lockheart
    FFVIII - Laguna Loire
    FFIX - Prima Vista's stage
    FFX - Yuna

Meanwhile, FFXI-XIII can expect both, since they were under-represented back in 2008. FFXII has already got Vaan and the deck of the Bahamut. Empyreal Paradox has been chosen for FFXI, but we do not yet know what whom they have chosen for a new character (fan speculation is for a villain: Shadow Lord, Eald'narche, Nag'molada, or Lady Lilith. Also possible they may just go for Prishe for the popularity). FFXIII has Lightning and Ophan's Cradle. The biggest question is this: Does FFXIII get a second character? So far, the trailers make Lightning come off as the new hero, which may be compensation for her not having an adversary.

I think Sabin would probably play too similar to Tifa, and the game doesn't need ANOTHER sword wielder like Celes. Edgar and Shadow would then be the obvious choices, but knowing SE, they'd probably add Gogo or Relm or some other lame character.

XII already has two characters now: Gabranth and Vaan. Since all of the characters are once again cookie-cutter, there's no need for more.

As for IX, if it gets another character, my bet is on Vivi. I'd much rather see Freya, but once again, she would play too similar to Kain.

When it comes to FFIV, I'm really glad to see Kain, but I'm sad they missed the opportunity for a really unique character like Palom/Porom.

They need to add Delita and/or Ramza from FFT -- or perhaps even some of the villains from the same. Here's hoping that one of the inevitable sequels of this game has some FFT goodness!

Meh, really disappointed by this.

I heard Yuna and immediately thought of Gunner Yuna, with Floral Fallal for her EX mode.

I feel like I'm the only person who liked summoner Yuna's design more than gunslinger Yuna's.

Quote Originally Posted by Minneyar View Post
    I feel like I'm the only person who liked summoner Yuna's design more than gunslinger Yuna's.
    Well, with Laguna added (and with an arsenal that bests most action heroes), I am glad they chose an original path with Yuna and stuck with Summoner.