Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A First Look Tralier Inazuma Eleven

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

A First Look Tralier Inazuma Eleven

Inazuma Eleven showcases how Japanese boys acquire thick British accents. Get ready to high score in this soccer RPG, due out on January 28 in Europe (aka the land of "football").

Story.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Those accents really took me by surprise, gonna take a while getting used to those and I live here

The annoying football-knowledgeable Brit in me is begging to ask what the hell Euro Cup Season is, so better let him get it over with. As recompense, permission is granted to mock anything about NFL, ice hockey, baseball or such that I get wrong in future (Admittedly searches for Euro Cup do go to what I assume it to be referencing, I just never heard anyone ever call it that)
    Last edited by Severin Mira; 01-17-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    When I was working in Disability Services, my co-worker loved soccer and he'd call things "Euro-Cup Season!" or "World Cup Season!" and I'd just giggle at him. I wrote that blurb for him since I know he reads the site. It was to tease him.

Completely unexpected. Anyway, at the very least, the game's got great music by Yasunori Mitsuda.

Awesome! I never expected this one to make it out in English somewhere, so looking forward to importing this

i wonder how one would go about importing and the cost of it....because I'm surprisingly interested in this concept.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Heck, I'M tempted to import this one, and I can get it from the nearest games store for 3000 yen.

The Inazuma Eleven TV anime series has been dubbed in English, and broadcast in several nations. I don't know if that version includes genuine British accents...

Here's one possibility, though it says its unavailable currently: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inazuma-Elev...5318659&sr=8-1

Amazon's international shipping is not my friend -_-

i've never dealt with international shipping that wasn't coming from the states (as I live in Canada). I wonder how much a customs fee would be for it...or Nintendo could just bring the dang thing over here. That would save a lot of problems.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Severin Mira View Post
    The annoying football-knowledgeable Brit in me is begging to ask what the hell Euro Cup Season is, so better let him get it over with.)
    Here goes, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The UEFA European Football Championship is the main football competition of the men's national football teams governed by UEFA (the Union of European Football Associations). Held every four years since 1960, in the even-numbered year between World Cup tournaments, it was originally called the UEFA European Nations Cup, changing to the current name in 1968. Starting with the 1996 tournament, specific championships are often referred to in the form "Euro 2008" or whichever year is appropriate.

Prior to entering the tournament all teams other than the host nations (which qualify automatically) compete in a qualifying process. The championship winners earn the opportunity to compete in the following FIFA Confederations Cup, but are not obliged to do so.[1]

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

I'm a big soccer fan, so this game should be right up my alley, but that trailer tells me nothing about how the game actually plays . . . specifically, the actual soccer part of the game. Do you get to control players playing the soccer or is it more of a management-style game? And is it anything like bliztball from FFX? (I hated blitzball.) If so, I'd be less eager to import this game.

it's... I'm trying to remember from the demo of Inazuma 2 that I played...

There's direct player control, you can direct with the stylus (maybe the buttons too, but I don't remember/never tried), random battles are three-on-three scrimmages while boss matches are full team-on-team.

I suppose comparisons could be made to Blitzball, but only in Inazuma's favor. It's much better.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    @Master Chief - I was aware that was what it was referring to, it's just the noone in their right mind would call it that here without being instantly heckled many times over

It's unlikely to be widely available yet as they only pretty stealthily officially announced it yesterday with a release date of under 2 weeks away so stores haven't had much opportunity to go for stocking and pre-orders yet. Afraid I can't really help with stuff like customs fees and how much it'll be to send it over but things that have come the other way to me recently haven't had any. All I'll say is it'll be very difficult to send it slower than anything I've ordered from the US before

Looking forward to this, last game I really played that had a proper RPG/sports feel was Mario Golf on the GBC (which was also great)
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Daddy Dragon II Administrator Firemyst's Avatar
    I found it amusing that when I looked up Inazuma Eleven, amazon.co.uk had a notice that they had no idea when the game would be back in stock. What? lol
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell

Pretty much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Completely unexpected. Anyway, at the very least, the game's got great music by Yasunori Mitsuda.
    I was thinking the same thing =p

These British accents sound pretty cool =D

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VncentValntine View Post
    These British accents sound pretty cool =D
    Those probably also kill any chance of a North American release, as I'm assuming they refer to it as "football" and not "soccer" in this dub. The game would likely have to be dubbed again for American audiences if this is the case.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

This game looks totally ridiculous.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Just started watching the subtitled anime with my 8 year old daughter. We love it. If I could find a British retailer with this, I might import this.